3.3 revo clutch setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
just wondering what everyone prefers for a clutch setup? 3 shoe, 2 shoe, aluminum,composite,and which brand seems to last the longest. Thanks.

just wondering what everyone prefers for a clutch setup? 3 shoe, 2 shoe, aluminum,composite,and which brand seems to last the longest. Thanks.

I don't run Traxxas products ,so I don't know with that rig ,however ,on some rigs that I run ,they are 3 shoe set up ,a
couple of them are all compsites ,or aluminum ,one I run two aluminum shoes with one comp. as a wiper!

You might can check the brand MIP ,I think that they produce hop-up clutches or Dynamite an Racers edge ,
I have a 3 shoe Racers edge on my Ld3 21 Hyper B-block car!

I think that all or most two shoes use a wrap around spring type!

The 2 shoe dynamite max life if you can find them work pretty well.

Found a set on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamite-5...for-Traxxas-T-Maxx-Revo-Jato-NIP/113709325392

I have those in my 21TM revo and they work well. Don't know why they discontinued them. They work really well.

In my big block revo, I moved the transmission forward about 1/4" and installed a 3 shoe 1/8th setup with alloy shoes.

A decent alternate would be the m2c 3 shoe setup:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/m2c-traxxas-36mm-3-shoe-clutch-kit-m2c1096/p198927

I didn't find that the MIP shoes worked any better than the stock composite ones.

Ya i actually bought the m2c 3 shoe, as said the shoes didnt last any longer then the integy shoes i have used, and even the lightest springs were pretty strong. I had a few issues with the spring on the 2 shoes breaking the end off. So i guess i will continue using the 3 shoe and tune them up now and then between replacements. Just wondered if there was some new hi quality setup that i didnt know about. Thanks

I didn't see you mention that at all in this thread. Good to know though as I'd likely have tried the M2C's out when my max life's die.

once you get rolling the springs and shoes work fine, just sounds like your slipping the clutch in a real manual car. unless you go full throttle everytime you take off. But the shoes acted exactly as any other aluminum shoe I've used. I usually take them out and sand the excess material that forms on the sides and tips just to get a little longer life out of them.

that would certainly be handy if it didnt take a long time to do