3.3 is reving without moving

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsiap

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi guys... i was in the park "grass" after the third tank i feel that my truck was not going so fast then it was before...if i wot...the engine is reving but the truck is not moving (barely moving)! on tarmac it was easier but still spinning for nothing

something wrong with my clutch i guess?!

what should i do first? can someone tell me things to do

thanks a lot

It could alsop be the slipper. You might want to tighten the slipper up.

i didn't know that with time i have to adjust slipper clutch...i tought that i should leave "default" setting

When it starts to slip, it's time to tighten it. If it continues to slip, you will burn it out.
It's purpose is to absorb drive train shock on landings and not slip during normal running.

When it starts to slip, it's time to tighten it. If it continues to slip, you will burn it out.
It's purpose is to absorb drive train shock on landings and not slip during normal running.

ok i will tighten up...but it's normal that my slipper loose by itself?

Yeah its normal the pads on the slipper will wear a little and cause it to slip. Tighten it up about 1/4 turn and see how it does. Be careful not to overtighten it I did and cracked the piece that the slipper pads sit on.

can i aplied this technic...

Try to rotate the spur gear whilst holding both rear wheels down. The slipper should slip just a little bit and you should be able to rotate the spur gear very slowly. If you cannot turn the spur gear then the slipper is set too tight. Loosen the slipper by half a turn and re-try.

If it's not the slipper you might have stretched out your clutch spring.

If it's not the slipper you might have stretched out your clutch spring.

Not likely. That would cause the car to creep at idle since they would not close completely. Revving it would still allow the shoes to make contact through centrifugal force.

I have stretched and or broke about 4 clutch springs before switching to a sliding clutch and the engine would rev without the truck moving every time.

Check the slipper first,though. It's lot easier to adjust the slipper than to pull the clutch assempbly or the tranny.

Back