3.3 Break-in pains

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorheadevan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so i have a a TMAXX classic 3.3 conversion. i began to break it in yesterday and i was cut short due to a dead glow ingiter, i called my hobby shop and they had said that it will not mess with my break in. do i start with the second tank instructions or should i stat over with the 1/4 throttle for another tank? and can i do it in this cold weather? or is it to risky?

You can resume the break in with the second tank but with it being cold out, you need to wrap the engine head to keep heat inside the engine. People tend to use foil or an old sock to wrap around the cooling head. Just take your time with the break in and in the end you'll be rewarded with an engine that's going to last and perform.

Wrap the head with foil. Just broke in a new engine on my jato with this method. Keep temps up and follow instructions closely. Even after 5th tank, go a little easy for the next tank or two

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained

go ahead continue with your 2nd tank. Like said earlier on break in heat is your frined. just being cold out use foil and wrap the head. when it is really cold I will wrap the head with foil and put a sock over it as well. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.