2x Drag Slash and Drag Light $500

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about buying these for my son and my GF's son for X-mas.. seems like a pretty good deal. They like drag racing and going fast.. I know they were also interested in monster trucks, so I don't know if I should get this setup for them or a pair of trucks for them.

Thinking about buying these for my son and my GF's son for X-mas.. seems like a pretty good deal. They like drag racing and going fast.. I know they were also interested in monster trucks, so I don't know if I should get this setup for them or a pair of trucks for them.
That is a pretty good deal for two trucks and a light. You'd pay a lot more than that for two monster trucks that were decent. My kid loves monster trucks, but he also likes the DR10 a lot more than I thought he would.

also saw the DR 10 RTRs are on sale for $199 right now. No timing light , but still in the same ballpark.

I think they’ll love it but if not Remember if one of them doesn’t like it I’ll take the other one

What do you guys think the better buy is? The drag slash or Dr10?.. you guys have been doing this longer than I.

The DR10 is probably the better car out of the box. I do love the Slash because there are tons of upgrades for it, but the DR10 has a lot of drag racing parts available as well. But the DR10 just looks to be better engineered overall. @Iowa crawler here has built a DR10 with basically all upgrade parts, and it is a pretty wicked drag build. There are some radical Slash builds here too.

So if I were you, I would look around Amain and check out the parts available for each to see what you might like. If you have no desire to upgrade, I would for sure go with the DR10. It is a solid drag car right out of the box. Here is my son Breydon driving his at 9 years old.

Oh, if you click on my Build Thread Contributor badge you will be taken to our drag Slash build. It was built from a standard LCG Slash slider.

Last edited:
I agree with Wicked Fog.. If you look at the base vehicles that both are built from, the DR 10 is built from the associated SC10 platform which was designed as a "performance" SCT when compared to a slash.. More tunable geometry out of the box than the traxxas. , CVA's are more eficient than the traxxas slider axles , little things like that.. The body to me was the worst part of the DR 10.. They should have shelled out for a licensed replica shell..

The DR10 is probably the better car out of the box. I do love the Slash because there are tons of upgrades for it, but the DR10 has a lot of drag racing parts available as well. But the DR10 just looks to be better engineered overall. @Iowa crawler here has built a DR10 with basically all upgrade parts, and it is a pretty wicked drag build. There are some radical Slash builds here too.

So if I were you, I would look around Amain and check out the parts available for each to see what you might like. If you have no desire to upgrade, I would for sure go with the DR10. It is a solid drag car right out of the box. Here is my son Breydon driving his at 9 years old.

Oh, if you click on my Build Thread Contributor badge you will be taken to our drag Slash build. It was built from a standard LCG Slash slider.
Just one thing about my build. I have not run it. So we don’t know if it’s fast. I do know a crash will not be good for all the aluminum parts.

I agree with Wicked Fog.. If you look at the base vehicles that both are built from, the DR 10 is built from the associated SC10 platform which was designed as a "performance" SCT when compared to a slash.. More tunable geometry out of the box than the traxxas. , CVA's are more eficient than the traxxas slider axles , little things like that.. The body to me was the worst part of the DR 10.. They should have shelled out for a licensed replica shell..

That’s one thing I liked about the Traxxas, I could find more bodies easily for them, and they are for kids, I know they will probably not want the truck body, probably will want the Mustang body most likely, or another muscle car that they know.

I’m going to talk to them both next time I have them together and see what they are most interested in and like and go from there.

Yeah, the DR10 won't have the Challenger body for long. I plan to buy either a Camaro or Nova body for it. Or maybe the Pro-Line Cuda body, but the proportions on it don't look quite right to me on that one either.

Back