2nd Fuel tank with clunk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so I'm getting a picco motor, and I'm expecting run times will drop compared to the revo...

so my thoughts are that i get another tank, say 70-150cc max and mount it in place of the exhaust where the factory one sits (side pipe going on).

now i havent read too much into the leaning issue when the tank is empty, but scrolled through a thread and read something that a 2nd tank with or without a clunk dramatically reduces the mid tank lean?

any doc's about this tank leaning out issue and or photo of people that have mounted a 2nd tank would be great. also will the clunk be usefully with the picco? I'm expecting it to flip on its roof a lot as the stock 3.3 does it enough. how often does the clunk need to be replaced and is it just normal fuel line in the tank? i read that broken fuel line on the clunk causes a fair few tuning problems so I'm keen to stay away from that.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

thinking this tank, anyone know the dimensions and size?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...1077/products_id/34967/n/Losi-Fuel-Tank-8T-20

Why don't u get the ofna 250cc tank.

I'm also looking at this setup to get rid of the leaning out issue.

I was thinking along the same lines, but not using another tank, just a reservior between the pipe & the tank to give some extra volume with a full tank & reduce the richness with a full tank (I'm looking at it as being rich with a full tank & right with less than 1/2 a tank in it).
Should work, a cannister around 1/2 the volume of the tank should do the trick.

yeh, just need to find something suitable. sealed but with a screw on cap. and just get some fuel line mounts for it to go in and out...

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

22040b0d.jpg

444975ed.jpg

abe5e8b8.jpg

9cf43d62.jpg

181f5d52.jpg

I'm just going to make one out of alloy tube with ends TIG welded on & nipples screwed in to it, gotta figure out where to mount it.

I'm thinking of using a full size car fuel filter. there generally a decent size. will the filter slow down the flow too much and make it lean out or will it be enough as the fuel doesn't move too fast?

---------- Post added at 7:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:58 PM ----------

will this work? I'm not sure exactly what connections it has but it looks promising. thinking of mounting it above the rear shocks. i should be able to make a mount up to sit above the shock screws and the rear bumper screws.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/2_375_1493_410/products_id
/10567/n/Thunder-Tiger-Header-Tank-60cc

so i went and got a fuel filter... in process of testing and mounting now. it will end up sitting in place of the exhaust once the picco goes in. for now I'm just seeing if this works. if so its a $3 header tank which to me is decent value, also includes a filter :p

78f0bc6e.jpg

Holy huge fuel filter bro!! That thing is waayyy to big...They make inline fuel filters much more suitable (smaller) for your application...Unless there's something I'm missing here.

Last edited:
Yeh read from the top. Not using it as a filter, but it's a good cheap alternative to a header tank. Altho I'm thinking the tank in my last link is looking good

Back