2nd baja and hooked!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I'm going camping this next weekend for thanksgiving, as me and my family, and friends always do. In years past I have always brought out the revo.... Well not any more lol. 2 baja's are coming out on this trip my SS baby and my New to me Beater RTR. I got jerked around by a guy on a price for a baja and told him to screw himself if he wasent willing to work with me. So I jumped on craigslist and searched several differnt regions and finally found what I was looking for, a bone stock baja with low usage, and a guy that didnt know what he had lol. I called him monday, and told him Id take it if he agreed to meet me half way on the drive and agreed to 550$.

Well he did, and I met him tonight and made the deal. When I met the dude, I was scared it was going to be pretty torn up seeing how there was no pic's on craigslist, but was verry supprised. He had the stock box, battery charger and bellray 2 cycle oil in the box so I knew it was well cared for. When I saw the car my mouth droped and I knew right away the thing was like new. I asked if I may start it and 2nd pull after I primed it it fired right up. The only problem is the right rear tire was coming off the bead, no big, but the tires are pretty shot anyway, big deal, I got some new hostiles looking for a new home lol. So needles to say I broght it home with me and stared at it for a while. I'm pretty excited for a 2nd baja. Here are some pics of what I got.
CIMG0611.jpg

CIMG0613.jpg

CIMG0612.jpg

CIMG0615.jpg

CIMG0616.jpg

CIMG0617.jpg

CIMG0621.jpg

CIMG0618.jpg

CIMG0619.jpg

Oh and the air filter was pristine!
CIMG0614.jpg

So After this camping trip I'm going to change it up a bit. I have phatdad shock shafts for the whole thing, a turtle front shock mount-brace, SS pipe. I'm also going to be putting a turtle HD clutch system in it, and turtle diff savor, phatdad drive shafts, and make another set of reinforced drive cups for it as soon as I get the money for it. As for now though, its going to be driven the way it is. My plan buying this was so I can have my SS to drive and give this to my dad to drive so we can bash together inbetween rides :D. Well more updates to come as I start to de anno and get new parts in!

I'm so excited! I might just fix the bead and go bash it tommarow lol.

There real bead locks. The RTR such as this has shorter screws and a differnt style bead locks then a SS or heavy duty bead locks that you can buy. I have a set of Heavy duty ones sitting in front of me that will be installed as soon as I figuar out if I'm staying home tonight or going out to tear up the town. lol.

Outstanding deal! This baby is fully worth the price you purched it for.. and some.

I will get the buggy SS version soon,fist time to enjoy the truck.

Well I buttoned everything up tonight. Got the new proline bad lands mounted up. Tried to get it tuned up a little earler and seems good. Here are a couple pics. I can't wait for this weekend. If its not rainging out in the desert it should be good fun bashing the baja's and riding some dirt bikes. I'm really looking forward for a vacation at this point, 2 days off from ups paid to ride bikes and play with the cars, should be a fun ass time. Here are a couple pics of the build and the complet car.
Pic of the vents on the bottom of the car that I covered up real good.
CIMG0625.jpg

These are shock socks that my mom made! I showed her the bad horsies in the hobby shop the other day when she went with me to pick up a couple parts for her mini t and she quickly said "Ill make you some of those for 2 bucks". That was convincing enough. So with a quick trip to joan fabrics she sowed some up in like 10 minutes. They look like the same poop lol and I think the total cost was about 4 dollars! Pluse there is a ton of fabric left over so I might have another set soon for the other baja if the stupid outerwears keep wearing the way they are.
CIMG0624.jpg

De annoed the SS shock brace and polished it up!
CIMG0623.jpg

Complet car.
CIMG0626.jpg

CIMG0627.jpg

CIMG0628.jpg

CIMG0629.jpg

CIMG0631.jpg

So a quick list of the upgrades to this one so far,
Proline Badlands
Futaba failsafe
SS HD shock brace
TGN Redneck
SS pipe
TR shock mount
Home made shock covers
Home made windsheild

I called DDM today and got a rear dom for 80 bucks after I explained how I was a little dissipointed in the fact they didnt list a dom in there sale add. They promply said "oh we have more then a few returned pipes and also a few blemish ones". So I got a rear mount dom with some chrome blemishes for 79.99$ shipped with hardwear. Not a bad deal. Ill run that and bolt it on as soon as the SS totally craps out eventually. This car is coming together quite nice. Next on the list is metal gear servo upgrad and black rpm front arms.

Great score on such a clean rig.

I'M SO EXCITED YOU'RE SO EXCITED BECAUSE I'AM GONNA GET MY FIRST ONE FOR XMAS.

it's the new 5T RTR with a 26cc mill for 1200, shipping included - i think it's not too bad.

Before, i was only doing Nitro so this will be all new to me.
The look of the 5T is also AWESOME !

enjoy your turkey

Back