2014 PC Build - Pic Heavy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I definitely will!
I'm trying to figure out the wiring for that second panel right now. theres a little bit of it I'm confused on but some of the guys here at work are helping me out. The whole front of the case is brushed aluminum, of sorts...The fan cover is solid aluminum but the bay covers are plastic with a thin layer of brushed aluminum over them. Originally i just thought they were plastic with a brushed aluminum look but when i drill through one I saw bits of metal lol. They look plastic though until you peel off the protective coating over them.

Oh I definitely will!
I'm trying to figure out the wiring for that second panel right now. theres a little bit of it I'm confused on but some of the guys here at work are helping me out. The whole front of the case is brushed aluminum, of sorts...The fan cover is solid aluminum but the bay covers are plastic with a thin layer of brushed aluminum over them. Originally i just thought they were plastic with a brushed aluminum look but when i drill through one I saw bits of metal lol. They look plastic though until you peel off the protective coating over them.
This is really selling me towards a 750D, as I believe it also has brushed aluminium on the front....

Corsair makes some nice stuff.
If I had the option between a stupidly expensive custom built box type pc case that's £500, or a 900D worth £280, I'd definitely choose the 900D- it just looks so clean and simplistic, but also functional and stylistic. Plus it's got brushed aluminium :p

the 900D has a couple small quality control issues. Its not enough to make me dislike it but for as much as the freakin' thing cost it shouldnt have any QC issues! lol

the 900D has a couple small quality control issues. Its not enough to make me dislike it but for as much as the freakin' thing cost it shouldnt have any QC issues! lol
Yeah...That is the one problem with it- It's pretty pricey.

that and unless your doing some sort of extreme build its totally overkill. its so big i had to build a separate stand to put it on that will sit beside my desk cuz its to big to fit on or under my desk lol.

that and unless your doing some sort of extreme build its totally overkill. its so big i had to build a separate stand to put it on that will sit beside my desk cuz its to big to fit on or under my desk lol.
I'm upgrading to a 750D because my Zalman Z9 plus is full of little issues like not being able to use a side panel fan with a CX 750M...

I had a Zalman Z9. It was my wife's first build.

1383069_776639902348799_1145068567_n.jpg

I had a Zalman Z9. It was my wife's first build.

View attachment 15491
It was an OK case for the price I got it for, but now the cracks are starting to show when I'm trying to put more and more fans with better hardware inside. As I mentioned it doesn't have USB 3.0, the power button is a bit "clicky" and the drive cages aren't removable. The temp display is a nice feature I'd like to see on more cases.

yeah, it was a cheap case and was ok for what it was but definitely not something I would use these days now that I've started doing more complex builds with a focus on lighting and wire management. You can always add a fan controller (which also displays temps) into a 5.25in drive bay if you have a free one :)

yeah, it was a cheap case and was ok for what it was but definitely not something I would use these days now that I've started doing more complex builds with a focus on lighting and wire management. You can always add a fan controller (which also displays temps) into a 5.25in drive bay if you have a free one :)
Thats what I'm planning when I get a 750D- at the minute I'm going towards a NZXT sentry 2, or a bitfenix recon. What one is the one pictured? I've seen quite a few in that style....

I'm going to be using a G-Vans fan controller. It has 6 fan ports and each port can handle up to about 4 fans each if I remember correctly. Each fan header on it comes with a temp sensor that you can place anywhere in your case so you can monitor air temps in different areas of your case.

I'm going to be using a G-Vans fan controller. It has 6 fan ports and each port can handle up to about 4 fans each if I remember correctly. Each fan header on it comes with a temp sensor that you can place anywhere in your case so you can monitor air temps in different areas of your case.
Hmmmm...Interesting, I was originally going to say that it looked a lot like a lamptron fan controller a few posts back, but then noticed the "G-vans" label. Now trying to find a place to buy one, I stumbled accross this:
http://www.overclockers.com/lamptrons-official-statement-unauthorized-reproductions/

yes thats true it is a lamptron clone. I wanted to buy the lamptron version but I couldnt find one when I was buying my parts so I bought the clone.

yes thats true it is a lamptron clone. I wanted to buy the lamptron version but I couldnt find one when I was buying my parts so I bought the clone.
Still nice though. Just a random question though- have you found any SOFTWARE that can overvolt your cpu, I've tried Rm clock, but I haven't found how to do it yet. Recently got a Celeron D socket 478 from 2.8GHZ to 3.56GHZ, but won't go any further without overvolting :(

Still nice though. Just a random question, have you found any SOFTWARE that can overvolt a cpu. I've tried Rm clock but haven't found out how yet. I recently got a socket 478 Celeron D from 2.80GHZ to 3.56GHZ :p Won't go any further without overvolting :(

P.s, don't give me the warnings- I've got six of the same computer hanging round :p

I've never looked for software to do it. All my CPU overclocking has always been through the BIOS. over volting is going to be a chipset function though and the software would have to be specifically for that chipset. I would think if the chipset allows overvolting the manufacturer would have some software that would do it. Also some BIOSs will have hidden screens that you have to hit a certain button or sometimes enable a certain setting in the BIOS in order to access he screen hat would allow you to do that.

I've never looked for software to do it. All my CPU overclocking has always been through the BIOS. over volting is going to be a chipset function though and the software would have to be specifically for that chipset. I would think if the chipset allows overvolting the manufacturer would have some software that would do it. Also some BIOSs will have hidden screens that you have to hit a certain button or sometimes enable a certain setting in the BIOS in order to access he screen hat would allow you to do that.
Yeah...In the end I'm still pretty impressed with 2.80 to 3.56 GHZ- and for an old school computer (Fujitsu Scenic) and a Celeron D, I'd say it's pretty good...

can't complain about that :)
At the minute I've moved onto my next "challenge" this time I'm using a Socket 775 ASUS P5N-E SLI , this has voltage control- so will be overclocking a celeron 356 I believe... Pretty much all the highest oc's for socket 775 are taken by this CPU...