2 speed trans question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrxsubi02

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just installed a hpi two speed trans in my hpi nitro rs4 3,and my question is the car rolls fine in the foward direction,but when i push it backwards it wants to drag all 4 wheels. Is this normal,i didnt notice that issue with the single speed trans. All the gears match up fine and there isnt any kind of abnormal noises when moving the car foward.just thought maybe someone has heard of this before.

The trans has a one way bearing that prevents the car from rolling in reverse.

Ok thanks for the info,i wonder why it was rolling in rev with the single speed trans.

The car seems to work fine with the new trans,but i've never had such a hard time tuning anything in my life like a nitro rc. Its all new to me and i've watched clips on youtube aswell as searched this site and the web. It idles to high and wants to take off on me. Plus dealing ith the throttle trim and linkage.just seems like i can't get everything to work as it should. I'm a newbie and learning as i go. I do love these little cars.

The car seems to work fine with the new trans,but i've never had such a hard time tuning anything in my life like a nitro rc. Its all new to me and i've watched clips on youtube aswell as searched this site and the web. It idles to high and wants to take off on me. Plus dealing ith the throttle trim and linkage.just seems like i can't get everything to work as it should. I'm a newbie and learning as i go. I do love these little cars.

How much fuel has been ran through the engine? I had a heck of a time trying to tune my trx .15, then one day I reset the carb, tuned it again and haven't had a problem since. It's just all about getting it fully broken in.

nitro tuning is an art form...It takes awhile to get the hang of it. Use this tuning guide. Its about the best one I've run across.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102688

Thanks for the link,its a big help. God knows i can use it.

---------- Post added at 9:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:58 PM ----------

How much fuel has been ran through the engine? I had a heck of a time trying to tune my trx .15, then one day I reset the carb, tuned it again and haven't had a problem since. It's just all about getting it fully broken in.

I'm not sure on engine run time. All my cars have really good compression and i bought a new carb for one of the cars. Thats the one i got running pretty good last night,i just need to bring the idle down some.

The rs4 i bought for myself i installed a new t3.0 engine and 2spd trans. I havent even started the car yet,but will start the painful break in....lol. The car should be a little rocket.

I got into the hobby for something me and my kids could have some fun with.