2 Of my Savage SS Tire Foams Are Soaked, How do i get the WATER OUT!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMaximizer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
please help, 2 of my tires are light and dry, 2 are heavy with soaked foams. Is there and easy way to get the water out?

Put the Savage up on blocks and run it full throttle? Maybe toss them in the dryer on low heat for a while?

if the wheels have a vent hole, just put the savage up on a piece of wood, like a 4x4. crank it over and run the throttle in short bursts. the movement of the wheels should expel the water.

if the wheels do not have a vent hole, take a body reamer and put a small hole in the tire near the middle seam. then do the above with the short throttle bursts

^ I had water in my two front tires and running them at high R's just shook the hell out of the truck. There are vent holes on the inner face of the wheels. I jut put the hole on the bottom and squeezed the tire to get the water to flow out of the vent.

in the past i have put small holes in the center of the tread. use a small drill bit, like an 1/8th inch or so and drill 4 small holes around the tire at 12, 3, 6, and 9 in the center of the tread. then drive around slow to med speed and watch the savage turn into a water sprinkler.

Bowing too Beason! If he says it'll work...it'll work. Lmao

Beason is spot on. I've been drilling small holes in my tires as he suggests for years to remedy the same problem. Works like a charm.

I've found though that once a lot of water is in them, you have to find a relatively long stretch of ground and accelerate slowly to kind of wring the water to the surface of the foam. Once centrifugal force has pulled the water somewhat evenly to the tires inner surface, you will notice the wobbling not being so bad, then hammer it to get the tire RPM up to fling the water out.

Once the water is out, this problem doesn't get a chance to get so bad since the holes are there always expelling the water.

I cut 2 small slits int the middle of the tire across from each other and run the truck, the centrifical motion will spit most of the water out of the 2 small slits.

cutting them may lead to ripping. i use holes so there is less chance of them ripping apart. as olds said, start out slow, you will see the water flying out. give it a couple of blips, and watch it fly!

I took a punch and poked four holes around the tire. Their obviously not gonna expell the water as fast as an 1/8th hole, but it's also not gonna let the water in as quickly either. I'm afraid of the ripping factor also. I guess if the plastic body gets a tear then you would drill a hole at the end of the tear to stop it from progressing. The tires work in the same fashion I'm assuming.

a punch will work, the smallest hole will stretch enough to let the water out.. just maybe not as fast. have you ran it yet? let us know how it goes!

I use a drill bit in my dremel with very light pressure to let the bit chew a nice clean hole in the tire. Works well for me.

Or you could wring out as much water as you can then let it sit out in the nice summer sun

Back