2.5 playing nice?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEGA MAXX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi

i was out with my maxx today and had just put the blue tuned pipe on it.

gave it a tune and it runs really well, kicks the front up now and again.

the thing that amazed me most was that the head wasn't getting as hot as it usually does, (it usually gets really hot so u can only touch it for about half a second) i was able to touch the head for about 3 secs.

so i let it cool down, put fresh fuel in and fired it up and it was the same, ran great!

this is very unusual for my maxx as it usually requires tunning every tank (I've had about a gallon and half throught it)

i was all for selling it and getting a savage cos it annoyed me so much. all i did was tune it.

funninly enough, i ordered a sirio .18tx a couple of days ago.

is the 2.5 alive or sumthin and its jealous of me getting a sirio and thinking about selling it?:ponder2:

I'm not complaining or nothin its just its spooky.

Last edited:
honestly it was most likely the pipe and the tune you achieved with it ,the stock plastic tuned pipe on a maxx has a baffle in it and restricts it alot
glad to see you got it running good ,

thanks racin_38.

i knew it was somthin like that.:)

i have no plans to sell it now, I've got a bit of both savage and tmaxx. (savage stock wheels thanks supercharged)

i call it, savmaxx.:banana:

when I had my Maxx it was very easy to tune, for me anyway. When i got a MIP Pipe it went from being able to tune easiley to being able to tune it while being blind & deaf.

Then I sold it and got a Savy but a better pipe makes things so much easeir tune.

Megamaxx, you two timing bastard! Typical male, woman doesn't put out and you wanna dump her. As soon as she puts out you're happy and you wanna keep her! If I was her, I'd be spitting that nitro out her pipe. LOL. Glad it's working for you.

I've got a similar situation with the 2.5 in my wife's T-Maxx. Before I ever broke it in Iput the 2.5r Powertune head on it, then broke it in. It has run sweet ever since and I never have had to make more than a 1/16th adjustment to it. It is the most reliable rig and mill I have. Much better than my V-Spec and Hyper 8 port.

hugo said:
Megamaxx, you two timing bastard! Typical male, woman doesn't put out and you wanna dump her. As soon as she puts out you're happy and you wanna keep her! If I was her, I'd be spitting that nitro out her pipe. LOL. Glad it's working for you.

hehe:whip:

Revo, what is the difference with 2.5r Powertune head? Meaning what are the benefits of it or the differences in the design?

The 2.5r Powertune head is the blue, machined aluminum head. It just gets rid of heat better. The factory head for the regular 2.5 is a cast aluminum head and although it works, since the 2.5 and 2.5r like to be run hot, having control over keeping the motor in the sweet spot of this heat and tuning combo is better helped with the machined head.

Went that route instead of an aftermarket head as it is a known stock direct fit and performer, plus that way I would not have to alter any of the bodies.