2.2 tires help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleblazer

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I'm having a hard time finding a tire for a 2.2 wheel. I'm looking for something that'll work on the street and last for a bit. The issue I am having is all the 2.2 tires I have found with a street designation aren't wide enough for the 2.2s I have. I am trying to replace the disintegrating road hawgs on the RC 10 but the banditos, for example, that were recommended for me would end up being stretched almost a quarter inch. I see road hawgs on ebay but I feel I would run into the same issue being they are all probably pretty old at this point which is why I was looking for a new solution. Everything seems to be in the 1.7 inch range where I need something about 2 inches wide. Any help or input is appreciated.

-Paul

Yeah, I checked, the only ones that catch my eye are the positrons but not really what I am looking for on that car. That is what is going on the sport though. I like the street fighters but they're only offered on 2.8 and only available pre mounted...

Thank you though.

Last edited:
Firebrand 2.2 is on my wish list for the Speed Rustler. On back order now. Not sure what you are looking for. This is a low profile thinner section tire and wheel combo than standard ST.

[Edit: Going to try a pair of DT SpeedHawk 2.2s also. I'm liking the pre-mounts I am getting these days. So far none have come apart and a bonus they display very good balance for higher speed running. I'll add the link under the Firebrands.]

Yeah, PL Street Fighters are spec'd as a 2.2 for the Rustler. Have a set on my MT10, but think they are a bit heavy in rotating weight a 2.2 ST.

Firebrand 2.2

DT SpeedTreads

Last edited:
Firebrand 2.2 is on my wish list for the Speed Rustler. On back order now. Not sure what you are looking for. This is a low profile thinner section tire and wheel combo than standard ST.

[Edit: Going to try a pair of DT SpeedHawk 2.2s also. I'm liking the pre-mounts I am getting these days. So far none have come apart and a bonus they display very good balance for higher speed running. I'll add the link under the Firebrands.]

Yeah, PL Street Fighters are spec'd as a 2.2 for the Rustler. Have a set on my MT10, but think they are a bit heavy in rotating weight a 2.2 ST.

Firebrand 2.2

DT SpeedTreads
They look like these. I don't have anything fast enough to need the speed hawks but those are nice too. I just want to replace them with something similar for the look. No other reason. The wheels are actually the same as those just chrome.

Hpi v groove

Dtx street trac 2.2

What wheels again? Didn't see them may have missed em

I just checked HPI, says the Vgroove is discontinued. :confused:
Might try eBay but ones I have seen new went for too much IMO.

I would love to see that rc10, I was hanging onto my pair of hpi front chrome wheels to one day get the matching new rears to put on a rc10t

Might try eBay but ones I have seen new went for too much IMO.

I would love to see that rc10, I was hanging onto my pair of hpi front chrome wheels to one day get the matching new rears to put on a rc10t
I got home. Quick snapshot because I have to go to work tomorrow.
20220423_211944.jpg

Back