1st ever Nitro coming 21st July!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catastrophecat

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My 1st ever nitro is coming on the 21st! :first_place :first_place: positively wetting myself at the thought of getting it. it shall be an Acme Condor Pro.

How old were some of you folks when you got your first nitro, and why?

Welcome to the forum, not a hobby grade brand with vast replacment parts, but it works! I started all of this when I was 13 with a nitro rustler from Traxxas, and I'm 25 now.

Congrats on the purchase man,u got alot to look forward too
i got my first nitro at 16,my nextdoor neighbor got me into em and i was instantly hooked

Got mine at age 14 and I'm now 15 on my second nitro car. Started and learned on an exceed buggy but finally my parents trusted me to upgrade to traxxas tmax. Best hobby ever. Minus the fact that every dollar I earn I put towards my car but its well worth it.

Congrats on the rig!! Mine was the first gen Tmaxx. Sold my ATC 350X and bought the maxx and about $500 worth of aftermarket. After maybe 2 gallons I took it apart and sold it in complete pcs a couple months later for $50. I went all in thinking I knew everything about the hobby when I obviously was completely lost. This time around I learned from my first experience and took my time. My advice - dont rush!! The rigs not goin anywhere. I also never went online to get the great support like a certain site offers to every noob!

BTW congrats on the purchase.

My first RC was 20 + years ago it was an Associated rc10T, I was 12 or 13 (it was electric), then about 10 years after that I got back into the hobby with a Savage .25, within 2 years i had an Ofna buggy, an hpi rs4 3 SS, and a Losi XXXNT. The main reason I got nitros was because when I was young I was never allowed to have one. So when I got old enough and made enough money I bought my first nitro rigs. Then my house was broken into and I lost it all. Until Jan of this year I hadn't had the chance to start-up any type of collection. I've got to say that once you catch the R/C bug you never lose it no matter how big of a break you take from the hobby. Now I am playing catch-up on all the new stuff, while playing with my Savage XL and debating on my next major purchase.

Now that my daughter is 14 I am teaching her about the R/Cs, and so far she seems to enjoy it hopefully by next year I can get her her own rig so she doesn't have to use mine :).

Last edited:
I've always had the interest in working on things. From bicycles, to lawn mowers to cars. Around 1999 I got my first hobby grade rc which was the HPI RS4 Mt2 electric. Then in 2000 I purchased the Tmaxx which I still have today. I got out in 2004 then got back in briefly in 2008 and then came back in 2010. Since August of 2010 I've purchased a TC4(electric), Savage XL, MGT 8.0, Baja 5sc and an Ofna DM1 spec. So I'm back and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I also was very young when I got my store bought rc's and now I'm 33.

Gonna have to agree with you sur3fir3 on the nitro bug. think its I've eaten several of them, let alone bitten by one. Always wanted A nitro since some douche canoe of a kid where i lived as a lad had one and would never let me have a go.

My son is nearly two so hoping he gets the bug too!

U all mostly seem quite taken by traxxas and HPI... is this the direction i should be heading in for my next rig?

22 or so years ago I got an rc10 buggy kit (gold chassis white plastic) man that sucker was sweet, it had a variable speed ceramic resister! A few years later I stepped up to an rc10gt and was hooked.

Back