10S battery on motor rated 37V?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanoob123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, this may be a silly question, but I am a little new to this hobby. I recently bought a motor rated for 37V and I want to know if it would be able to handle a 10S battery. It seems reasonable to me that they would rate the motor at a common battery voltage, but my understanding is that when they say 37V battery, they really mean around 42V on a full charge, which is too much. I assume that the ESC would absorb a few volts, that it would only give the motor max voltage when I put it at full power (which I do not intend to do often), and the motor in all reality can handle a few more volts than 37, but I would like to be certain that I am not going to damage my motor. Thank you in advance!

esc will not absorb and voltage.. 10 cells is 42v not 37 it might handle 10 cells

esc will not absorb and voltage.. 10 cells is 42v not 37 it might handle 10 cells
Thanks, but the esc most definitely absorbs power, and I'm near certain that it would therefore absorb at least 1-2 volts with that much power running through it. It has impedances, heats up, and I doubt that they would add any sort of voltage multiplier.

Back