1000 HP Bugatti Veyron

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The fastest production car -

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x157l2_bugatti-veyron-at-top-speed"]Video Bugatti Veyron at top speed - bugatti, top, gear, 407, germany - Dailymotion Share Your Videos@@AMEPARAM@@value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/734U7F8TZiulY84bI"@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/734U7F8TZiulY84bI[/ame]

Maybe not for long...a new car by Koenigsegg is coming out and will have 1018 HP and run on biofuel. That car may beat out the Bugatti. Its called the CCXR, and it weighs a lot less than the Bugatti.

i saw that a few weeks ago, its crazy. too bad they are so expensive. i hear they're only leasing them right now, $24,000 a month?

That is just a stupid kind of fast, must havebeen one hell of a kick in the pants.

I can GURANTEE Id be killed in a matter of seconds if I even got to ride that bike.. lol..

seen that before if its the top gear video
apparently it only needs 200BHP to get to 100MPH and needs the other 800BHP to get to 200+mph that makes me think if they wanted to build the fastest production car why they make it heavier than necessary

seen that before if its the top gear video
apparently it only needs 200BHP to get to 100MPH and needs the other 800BHP to get to 200+mph that makes me think if they wanted to build the fastest production car why they make it heavier than necessary

Weight isn't the issue in getting it to over 200MPH, its the aerodynamics.

By the way some peepee here crashed one last week (theres only 12 out of the 200 made in Britain) a week after getting it. Sadly he'd borrowed it from his brother!!

Ryan, although aerodynamics is the biggest issue, you can't discount weight. It would be much easier to push something that weighed 2000 pounds rather than 4000+ that the bugatti weighs past 200 mph.

Aeordynamic drag at speed will be much more than rolling resistance from the wieght. Its weight is probably not just ballast, but the end result of all the poop it needs to do what it does. Weight follows function. Plus it helps hold it down! Anyone see that vid of a M-B racecar flying off into the trees? Thats scary...

I'm not saying weight is the biggest issue, but it is an issue. At those speeds the car does not have to weight that much to hold it down, it needs downforce. And plenty of downforce can be achieved with a car that weighs less than the Bugatti with the same amount of horse power. And yes, drag is the main thing holding the car back, but if you have less weight, thats only less work the engine has to do to to move the car.