$1000 Crawler!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeap that's one of the first crawler/scale rigs I saw that really got me interested. I decided that I could build one custom for less than that. I'm not serious enough into crawling to spend that kind of money.

It's just SOOOooo beautiful. Right up my alley for a shelf queen. I don't know how well it would crawl, but I love seeing those totally scale leaf springs.

And this at the bottom of the page:

Note: This kit still require , 1/10 scale truck body , 4 channel Radio, 540 size motor, Servos, ESC, Batteries and Charger.

Last edited:
that would make one hell of a scale rig, that is just amazing! lotto?

Ooooohhh! I want one!
They should have named this one "Dog House", because thats exactly where the poor SOB that brings that home to the little woman is going to go! LOL

The 3 speed transmission is not designed for high power brushless type motors

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorta reminds me of an old Tamiya truck from back in the day. Wasn't that called the Bruiser also?

That's what this chassis is based on, the bruiser.

The 3 speed transmission is not designed for high power brushless type motors

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, if it's geared for crawling and it's a 3-speed then it really doesn't need a high power brushless system. 1st gear should be so dang low it'll barely move, which means it's creating a lot of torque.

Check the gear ratios. It's not a progressive 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Third gear engages the 4WD and the crawling ratio. 1st and 2nd are 2WD.

ahhhh...

I don't understand why brushless is necessary for crawlers anyways to be quite honest. I guess I'm just not in the loop.

I'm thinking that the brushless is good for torque, and mainly for precise throttle control. Also, the censored motor REALLY helps from what I've heard. The main reason that I chose it for 1.)no maintenance, no changing brushes, and 2.)Stupid long run times

axle snapping torque for sure. and plenty of wheel speed for certain obstacles.

yeap this guy (flm savage) knows more than anyone in the forum about the brushless system I just bought

ahhhh...

I don't understand why brushless is necessary for crawlers anyways to be quite honest. I guess I'm just not in the loop.

Josh, I was browsing through an old thread and found a better answer to your question. I tried to answer it with a simple throttle control. Smaxxin put it into the correct words that explain it better. Just to be clear, this is smaxxins info, I just borrowed it to answer your question.

Smaxxin said "Just an FYI for those that don't know....An esc still works the same as an msc but instead of haveing 3 steps it has a lot more..100's. What makes the goat so special is "Discrete Steps: 512 Forward; 512 Reverse" To give you an example the famous super rooster has 256 steps."

Josh, I was browsing through an old thread and found a better answer to your question. I tried to answer it with a simple throttle control. Smaxxin put it into the correct words that explain it better. Just to be clear, this is smaxxins info, I just borrowed it to answer your question.

Smaxxin said "Just an FYI for those that don't know....An esc still works the same as an msc but instead of haveing 3 steps it has a lot more..100's. What makes the goat so special is "Discrete Steps: 512 Forward; 512 Reverse" To give you an example the famous super rooster has 256 steps."

I see... that's good info there. Thanks Charlie!

Back