1 GB Quickdrive - $50 Nice Deal...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I thought you were buying me a hooker :shrug: .

Nice find. I just bought one that fits on my key ring. It is quite literally a thumb drive as it is no larger than my thumb, but holds 1GB. Without the rebate, your find costs the same as the one I bought.

Thanks for sharing...

That is a good deal. I am actually in the market for a 1gig drive. My 128mb is not cutting it anymore. The only problem i have with this is the odd shape. I wonder how big it is. We use a lot of dell's desktop pc's and they have a front door that opens... the usb ports are at an odd position. But that is a great price though.

sLY

msly said:
The only problem i have with this is the odd shape. I wonder how big it is.

My thoughts exactly.

SkyMaxx's drive sounds nice and small. The dell one I have is very normally shaped and sized, but it makes my keychain feel huge.

Lexar makes the ones Dell puts it's name on. Oddly enough it's the same size. I pulled a ruler out and checked it against their specs. It's pretty sharp lookin though and this Dell freebie is only a 64MB.

ImBroken no ideas the size of that thing?

I saw a 2GB version of what imbroken posted at CompUSA. It was easily twice the width of the one I posted, just as long and the same thickness. So, it is not huge.

Here's a listing of the Micro Advantage Quick Drives. They are all listed with the following dimensions: LxWxH (90mm X 56mm X 14mm)

The Lexar dimensions are: LxWxH = 70.3mm x 30.8mm x 11.5mm (including keychain)

So, I guess his isn't twice as large as mine, but it is still larger. :D

The flash drive I am using is the SanDisk Cruzer Mini 1.0GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive. A great drive and very small. I am able to keep all of my software and some critical Windows Updates on it that I use when working on computers.

6784401_sa.jpg

Last edited:
Back