1/8th Scale Kyosho Inferno

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darryl1980

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I Am Looking To Get Into Racing. What Will I Have To Do?

You want to get a feel of how these things handle, just going out into racing right away is basically asking for broken parts. Get a feel for your buggy first, and then once you feel that your ready, and have good control of it, then start asking about racing. Its too early right now to start thinking that already, trust me, you will understand later on about what I'm saying right now.

Like Matt said, practice. This way, you can also get used to changing common broken parts and learn what you need to stock up on ahead of time.

there is a local track near me that doesn't cost anything just to go and run my buggy.

Then go. Break stuff, learn how it handles. The more you break, the more you learn.

this is my 1st nitro rc car so it will be a leaning curve for me.

I've found that I either need to go super slow around the track or go balls out over jumps. Hesitate and you slam into the backside of the landing ramp and that's when you brake parts.

Learning how to jump is the biggest part of racing. you need to learn how to control what your car does when you hit jumps. When you hit a jump and give it more throttle when your in the air will make your cars go in the direction as if it were to do a backflip which it can do, and letting go of the throttle will make it go into a forward flipping motion, the 2 ways I know of as to keeping your car from flipping in either direction is to not let off the throttle or not to give it more throttle, but to keep the throttle on your radio in the same spot you were holding it when you hit the ramp. The 2nd way that I know of is to hit the brakes after you jump. The biggest thing you should do before practicing your jumps it to get your car to fit your driving style first, because it will jump differently.

so going to a rc race track and just get a feel for my car and work into the jumps is basically what you are saying speed?

Sure that will work too, but I would get a feel of how it handles even before taking it to the track.

i live on a farm with hills fields so i can really tear around like hell.

will i regret buying the kyosho inferno?

No, but once you get into the hobby more, you'll buy more RCs, and you should put the Savage on the list. Then you could use the Inferno for strictly racing, and something else for bashing.

if i didnt buy the kyosho inferno i was going to buy a hpi savage x 4.6!

you said you had a $200 budget, there is no way you could find one of those for that price. I recall you wanting to buy a Red Cat Volcano, or some off brand buggy called a Tornado. The Savage doesn't have the best engines either, you would eventually replace it. The Inferno is good for both basing and racing which is what you were looking for. To be able to race a Savage and compete, you will have to put some mods on it, otherwise the LSTs and I hate saying it, but the Revos will smoke you. Trust me, for what you wanted an rc for the Inferno was a good choice.

i will have to run 20% nitro fuel during the break in process right? can i run nigher than 20% nitro fuel when i get the engine all broken in?

break it in with whatever % you want to run, either run 20% or 30%, but no higher. Remember whatever you break it in with you have to use until you get a different engine. So if you break it in with 30% you can't run 20% but if you break it in with 20% you can run 30% later, but once you do that you can't go back to 20%, otherwise it will mess with your engine.

what % will give me the most acceleration and top end speed?

Back