1/8 Scale Savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodredmaxx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
How can the savage be classified as an 1/8 scale? Is it just because the .21? Mine t-maxx is WAY bigger then the savage is. Its wider and longer. Of course it has some mods but does that mean my t-maxx is considered 1/8 scale to? I dont see how they can be classifying it as 1/8 scale when its only like an 1inch bigger then the 2.5 maxx. Can someone answer this for me?

If you have a .21 T-Maxx, it is now a 1/8 scale. The scale is purely a measure of size. The engine plays only a small part in that it usually requires you to modify the 1/10 scale chassis to fit the engine. When you add the length, you move it up a class to 1/8 scale. The extra width you have given your truck for better handling can also alter the measurements in such a fashion that your 1/10 scale truck becomes something other than 1/10 scale.

Everything I have read says the new 2.5 TMaxx out of the box is also 8th scale.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Everything I have read says the new 2.5 TMaxx out of the box is also 8th scale.

It is, I have put my 2.5 along side a Savage. They are close enough to call the same size.

Thanks for clearing that up for me skymaxx

Back