1/8 scale problem....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
4s and 6s batteries are damn exspensive. Been running my new kronos on a single 3s pack or two 2s packs. Been looking at adding more batteries, talk about sticker shock. Battery tray wont fit two hard pack 3s packs, so for now i am sticking with running double 2s packs

4s and 6s batteries are damn exspensive. Been running my new kronos on a single 3s pack or two 2s packs. Been looking at adding more batteries, talk about sticker shock. Battery tray wont fit two hard pack 3s packs, so for now i am sticking with running double 2s packs
I hear you on LiPo/LiHV sticker shock. Not surprised though, with major auto manu's rush to EV dominating and draining the lithium market. Price increase on RC LiPo's is inevitable.

Just finished downsizing my LiPo inventory to exclusive 2S. Any thoughts I had on entertaining 3S, 4S and above are on indefinite hold. Besides, I'm a 7.4V purist. 2S + 2S would be the only way I'd even consider 4S.

Good luck, Caleb. Confident you'll come up with a workable solution. Cheers. 'AC'

Last edited:
Another good thing about Crawlers, no need for those big expensive batteries. But I do love watching my 6S Typhon and Mojave running balls to the wall.

Luckly this kronos is pretty nuts on 4s. I couldnt imagine it on 6s

I run a a 4S pack or two through my rigs to get myself up to speed before I put in my 6S batteries. 4S is plenty for most 6S rigs but they are 6S compatible so I had to try it. In the future, I may not replace the 6S batteries, but I'll make that call when the time comes.

I run my Erevo on 4s simply because I only have one narrow 3s battery. It is crazy wild on 4s so I'm sure with 6s, she will have a serious attitude.

Liperior are pretty inexpensive and have been working well for me. I run 3S, 4S, 2x3S or 6S these days. When packs start getting tired and take longer than normal to balance, I get rid of them. However, it's not a great idea to buy more than you can use either because time isn't good on any battery. So buying a bunch of packs because they are on sale, then letting them sit for a year isn't good... which I'm apparently capable of doing... lol!

I have a couple liperiror 4S 65C that I run in my slashpede 4x4 and recently picked up a couple of their 6S 40C 6200mah for my kraton as well as a couple 3S for my eJato because my old 3S packs are getting tired.

The 4S packs I have for the slashpede 4x4:
https://rcbattery.com/liperior-5000mah-4s-65c-14-8v-lipo-battery-with-xt90-plug.html

When I bought them last may for my maxx4s, they were $38 a piece. Ended up going to 6S in the maxx anyway and bought 4 CHNL 5000mah 6S 40C packs for it.

These were $59.99 when I bought them in January for the kraton, now $68.99:
https://rcbattery.com/liperior-6200mah-6s-40c-22-2v-lipo-battery-with-xt90-plug.html

They have a sale going on for Memorial day, anything 5000mah 40C+ should be good enough for you:
https://rcbattery.com/memorial-day-sale.html?discharge=40-75

I was looking at the liperiror packs. If i get any 6s that will most likly be the brand as they are the cheapest. As of now i ordered another set of 2s batteries, that way i can run them as 4s or use them in my 1/10 scale rigs. 3s in the thing is pretty fun, will do standing wheelies but not flip over. Does about 25mph and can hold it wide open the whole time .

Another thing i am finding is battery life sucks.. 5200 mah batteries will get me 20-25 min run time on my 1/10scale rigs.. this thing will drain them in 15 minutes easy

oh how i miss HobbyPartz sky lipo, tacon 40mm orange can motors, and xerun 150a escs for so cheap

Another thing i am finding is battery life sucks.. 5200 mah batteries will get me 20-25 min run time on my 1/10scale rigs.. this thing will drain them in 15 minutes easy
Yep, that's about where I'm at with most of mine. 6200mah 6S get me 17-19 minutes of run time in my kraton and outcast, 5000mah 6s get me 15-17 minutes or so. 5000mah 4S in my slashpede gets me 25-30 minutes like the 5200mah 3s get me in my eJato. All of that is pretty hard running though in grass. I get quite a bit more if I'm screwing around at a skate park. A lot less WOT running there.