Sold / Found 1/8 Mugen MBX4 XR racing buggy FS! w/ Starter box, TONS OF PARTS!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyline Racer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello everyone, Well I have been out of this hobby for over a year now and my cars are just sitting around collecting dust. Right now I'm in need of money for my car payment so I am selling my Mugen Race buggy. This buggy has been very good to me and it has just a little over a gallon of 30% fuel through it. I never raced this buggy, I just took it out for the occasional run at the local track. I no longer have any use for it so I need to sell it. Here are the many things that are on the buggy.

This was originally a kit, so I put on all of this.

Modifications:

-OFNA Hyper 21 8 Port engine with a little over a gallon on it (ARO is in there)
-JR XR2 FM radio system
-Top of the line (at the time, $124.99) Airtronics 94359 Steering servo. High torque and speed
-Hitec HS-645MG Throttle servo with Dynamite linkage kit. High Torque
-Venom NIMH racing pack
-Hardcore racing front and rear shock towers along with front brace (all titanium)
-Mugen Racing Big bore shocks
-Brand new front left assembly
-Brand new rear diff case, wing harness (Almost complete rear end)
-Dynamite Big Fuel Filter
-Dynamite .21 torque racing exhaust
-OFNA Truestart starter box with power panel installed. (Comes with gel cell and charger)
-3 Complete sets of tires
-Proline Crimefighters 98% tread left
-Step Pins with alot of tread left
-Then the third pair are old storm rims that I used for street driving. Good tire for the street.

MISC. Parts

-ALOT of body mounts
-Aluminum Chassis Braces x4
-Almost brand new OFNA Hyper 21 8 Port, With BRAND NEW piston and sleeve! You could have a brand new engine if you put it together and broke it in!
-Brand new control arms front and upper, Missing one left front because its on the buggy
-3 Packs of differental O Rings
-Brand new Motorsavers airfilter with extra foam element (In Pack)
-Used but in good condition fuel tank (Stripped fuel filter hole)
-New exhaust manifold pipe (Stock hyper 21 8 port)
-2 Used but in good condition OFNA Torson differentals (Race diffs!)
-Wing mounts with aluminum insert
-LOTTTS of misc. screws/ bolts.
-2 Drive Yokes.

Now The buggy comes with two bodies as well, One of them is not in the best of shape (Missing nose) but they both work fine!! I've included many pictures below for your viewing, Please understand that I put alot of time and money into this buggy and its a race buggy, not a bash buggy, But of course it can be bashed.... Its just not made for that really. This buggy has been sitting for a year so it will need a new glow plug and a fresh tune up with new fuel but what you see is what you get, everything will come with the buggy and it is ready to run. Thank you very much for looking at my For Sale ad. Please PM me with any questions, I am looking for cash only as to I'm getting out of the hobby to modify my mustang and do other 1/1 stuff.

P.S. I will fully clean the buggy and parts before shipping! Also THE TOOLBOX DOES NOT COME IN THE AUCTION, NOR DOES THE PLASTIC CONTAINER THE SCREWS AND PARTS ARE IN I'll be happy to zip lock baggy them though. Thanks!!!

The Price that I am asking is 485 U.S. Shipped to your door! Since theres alot of parts and a starter box with gel cell, Its going to be a good amount to ship. :)

PM Me if you want 2592x1944 HIGH RES pics. I had to resize them for this, so I have about 30 pictures in that size.

-Skyline Racer :hi:

Attachments

• Picture 455.jpg
    Picture 455.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 291
  • Picture 456.jpg
    Picture 456.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Picture 457.jpg
    Picture 457.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Picture 458.jpg
    Picture 458.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 385
  • my buggy.JPG
    my buggy.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
TTT, This is a great deal. Please PM any offers, but please no low balling. Thanks!

I would need approval to dip into the wedding fund from the Fiance but how much without the startbox, radio, and receiver if you were willing to break it up that way. (I dont need those things as I have my own.)

Robriguez, Without those items I would lower the price to 370.00 Shipped to your door. Let me know whats up man.

-Skyline

BUMP! Still up for sale.

Are you willing to sell the starter box separately? If so, do you know if it will work on an Ofna Hyper 7 (excuse my ignorance, never had a starter box so I don't know if certain boxes only start certain rigs)? I'm getting an Ofna buggy but need a starter box.

Thanks! Good luck with the sale!

Monkey Wrench said:
Are you willing to sell the starter box separately? If so, do you know if it will work on an Ofna Hyper 7 (excuse my ignorance, never had a starter box so I don't know if certain boxes only start certain rigs)? I'm getting an Ofna buggy but need a starter box.

Thanks! Good luck with the sale!

Monkey Yes It will work Bro:)

robriguez said:
dip into the wedding fund from the Fiance
wow.. Now thats dedication to the hobby! :banana:

Free bump for ya Skyline. Good to see your still kickin!

Bump for a stand up member!

Yes I do, Bump!

How much for the starter box?

I'd like to sell it all as one, if I dont recieve a buyer soon i'll part the box out!

Bump! Still up for sale. Please PM with any questions or offers!!! No trades though

Bump! Feel free to send cash offers, however please no low balling. Thank you

BUMP! Price drop is a possibility!

Sure, You have a PM. Thanks

Somebody buy the buggy - I'm sure it'll be exactly as described/pictured - the TMaxx I bought from him certainly was ...

Thanks bro, I'm glad you like the truck.

SALE PENDING, On the Hyper .21 engine.

Buggy is still for sale, There is already an engine in the buggy so I'm not talking about that one. Pm me with offers!

Status
Not open for further replies.