1/5 scale buggy choices

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papabear_1972

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new RC buggy, truggy, or truck. I have boiled my choices down to three. The three are:
Losi 1/5 scale DBXL-E
Armma 1/5 scale Outcast 4X4 8S BLX Stunt Truck RTR
Armma 1/5 scale Kraton 4X4 8S BLX Brushless Speed Monster Truck RTR
I know that both of the Armma both are somewhat similar, and most of you will steer me over to the Kraton, but I have been told that the outcast is a newer model.

any thoughts? If you were me, which would you choose? Do you consider 1/5 scale too large?

I never was thrilled about the Outcast until I seen one at a hobby store. If I was to buy one it would be the Outcast for sure.
I have a Gas Rovan Baja 5b that I love.

Thank you for the buying advice. What is your opinion of the Losi DBXL-E? Is it better than the Armma vehicles?
Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Papabear.

I honestly missed the Losi being on your list. I can't say if the Losi is better or not but I would definitely buy the Losi because I've always wanted one.
I've always been interested in the Losi 5T 2.0 ever since they came out.

Tunedpipe, I am probably going to get a Armma 1/5 scale Outcast 4X4 8S BLXStunt Truck RTR. My reasoning is simple, from reviews on you tube, the Armma really tears up the ground with speed while the Kraton and the Losi cars run quite a bit slower. Or at least they appear to do so. I think that this comes from the idea that the Outcast is a bit smaller than both the Kraton and the Losi. I would love to get the Losi DBXL-E but it does not appear to perform at the higher speeds that the Armma Outcast is capable of achieving.

let me know if you think that I am wrong.

Papabear

Tunedpipe, I am probably going to get a Armma 1/5 scale Outcast 4X4 8S BLXStunt Truck RTR. My reasoning is simple, from reviews on you tube, the Armma really tears up the ground with speed while the Kraton and the Losi cars run quite a bit slower. Or at least they appear to do so. I think that this comes from the idea that the Outcast is a bit smaller than both the Kraton and the Losi. I would love to get the Losi DBXL-E but it does not appear to perform at the higher speeds that the Armma Outcast is capable of achieving.

let me know if you think that I am wrong.

Papabear
The Outkast 8S and the Kraton 8S are virtually the same truck except that the K8 is 2 or 3 inches longer than the O8 in the form of an extended chassis. I think the O8 may have slightly more ride height too but other than that theyre almost the same truck. Oh and the front bumper is different. They have the same electronics in them so top speed on both kits should be about the same. Only difference is the K8 corners a bit better and doesn't wheelie quite as much because of the longer wheel base.

Outkast 8S
ARA5810_A3_1PEKZ2MJ.jpg

Kraton 8S
ARA110002T1_A7_AGE0EVMD.jpg

Thanks for the information. I am still out thinking about which to get - Losi or Armma. i am not a basher, I am much more of a racer, I am pretty careful with RC cars and trucks, so should I even get a Armma?

If you got an Arrma then youd want the Kraton is it handles better than the Outkast. The O8 is meant more for bashing and stunts. That being said The Losi is going to be the best for actual racing as they are an actual racing company. As for top speed Losi claims 50+ out of the box and the K8 claims 55+ out of the box so they should be roughly the same.

Back