1:1 exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelCityNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well everyone, I've been kicking around the idea of putting a cat-back exhaust on my corvette.. I really want to bring out the sound of that LT1 engine.. something that will make it sound mean, but not wake up the dead. Has anyone tinkered with their own rides to get a little more rumble from a V8? What are some of the brands that you guys would look in to ?

Borla is supposed to make a good one as is Flowmaster. Both are kind of mellow but won't blow the neighbors' windows out.

Borla is supposed to make a good one as is Flowmaster. Both are kind of mellow but won't blow the neighbors' windows out.

I havent looked at flowmaster yet, but I know Borla was somewhere in the 900-1200 price range. I don't assume flowmaster to be much less, but any time I've heard them on a car they sound pretty nice

Found this one for $849.00.. but looks like the same one is also priced for less
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000050q~Z5Z5Z5ABMCZ~P849.00~~~~S35T1A1Q6298236419850Q~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050Q#

Last edited:
Would take borla over flowmaster any day.

Wake the dead is what I go for. No mufflers straight off the cats with 2.5 exhaust. It sound nice on my dodge ram.

I liked my Flowmaster that I had on it until it was ripped off by a stump.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gas motors with straight pipes IMO sound like complete crap. Crackling and popping noises just do not sound good.

i love my Dynomax Ultraflow's. I use them on my mustangs as well as my 90 C4. Great sound to them.

Gas motors with straight pipes IMO sound like complete crap. Crackling and popping noises just do not sound good.
I was surprised that it didn't. I don't like the demo car sound either. Now a diesel with no mufflers that's another story.

Gibson makes a nice system also I had one on my gmc sonoma. It went on great and was high quality.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Best part of diesels with no muffler is that you really dont increase the sound of the motor at all. All you really increase sound wise is the turbo whine, which is just a sexy sexy sound.

Best part of diesels with no muffler is that you really dont increase the sound of the motor at all. All you really increase sound wise is the turbo whine, which is just a sexy sexy sound.

As well as some improvement in power and mileage. Although mine is 3" down pipe and striaght piped from there to a mitre single stack cab high, loud as FUNK. Gonna be going back out the side soon because its such a drone in the cab.

I'm going to x2 on the Borla. I have a buddy with a (not sure what year) newer Trans am with the ls1 and a borla system on it, pretty sure its just a cat back though, but it sounds dang good.

lol, unless its got a huge tune.... this is my old truck no muffler, no cat. 4" to 5"... daily driven, dynoed 500 rwhp and 1000 rwftlbs. ALL STOCK engine and turbo... 13.10 @ 102 on full tire pressure, just like i drove it to the track was the best time

6980 lbs

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dweEmjk_9dc&feature=related"]YouTube - Teds Diesel at East Coast Truckin Nationals[/ame]

this one is louder, you can hear the time at the end
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sELfkKLcQyo"]YouTube - Teds Truck[/ame]

Last edited:
i love my Dynomax Ultraflow's. I use them on my mustangs as well as my 90 C4. Great sound to them.

My buddy has the same exhaust and damn it sounds mean, not your average V8 sound either, sounds real good.

I straight piped my WRX and it would only pop when I shifted, but followed by a sexy blue flame & still had that unique subaru sound, except real deep & throaty!:D

Last edited:
thanks for the input everyone, I just wish I could hear all of them before they go on :hehe:

thanks for the input everyone, I just wish I could hear all of them before they go on :hehe:

got sidetracked with my other post, as already said Borla is very good, all Stainless steel. If you wanted to do it fairly inexpensively, just get the Flowmaster mufflers and let an exhaust shop make them work. The kits are nothing but simple installation

The flowmasters I have on my Trans-Am are the best I have ever had. When I pull up to a red light the idle just sounds so RAD. The ground rattles and it just resonates through out the car. That might be too much for your vette haha.

I had an old '62 Impala that had straight pipes and enjoyed down shifting just to rattle the complex manager's windows on my way home from school. Now I like to be quiet enough to sneak in and out of where i"m going.

Back