HBZ Warthog

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hard Bodyz (HBZ) has just released one sweet looking rc rock crawler 2.2 tube chassis called the Warthog and is available in a comp and pro comp version. The HBZ Warthog is a direct bolt on to the Axial AX-10 Scorpion and does not require any modifications! The HBZ Warthog also works with...

Click to continue

I have an Axial ARTR on the way and I am all over one of these like stink on sh......

wow that thing is pretty bad a$$ but good god did you see the price tag on them!!!

wow that thing is pretty bad a$$ but good god did you see the price tag on them!!!

thats what i was thinking!!! their nice but damn u could get another artr for a few bucks more.

Yeah that's exactly the reason that I don't already have one. Their stuff is top notch, as I'm going to be using their stuff on my baja 5B, but that's a lot of money for an axial chassis. If it performs among some of the top comp chassis, than I can kind of justify spending the money. But I'm waiting to here how it performs on a comp level. It's great for a basher, but the GC2 chassis is less than half the money, and it's a full on comp chassis that's been proven to be a champion. This chassis seems to be more of a basher, strong protective chassis, so I'm waiting to see how it performs before I buy one.

I have a pro comp one on the way. Stay tuned for a build thread once I have all the parts in.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the build, Rob. I can't wait to see how you like the pro comp chassis. That's the one that I'm wanting to order. It's taking every bit of restraint that I have, not to order one today. I've got enough projects going on though, so I'm going to wait a week or two and also see how people are liking them, and more important, how they're competing with them.

I just sold off some misc. RC stuff I had laying around collecting dust so the price wasn't an issue. I see it as trading stuff I don't use for something I will.

If it wasn't for the HBZ chassis, I probably would not even be interested in getting the Axial. I was patiently waiting for Kyosho to finally come out with theirs. Of course the Kyosho would probably cost around $400 or more knowing them and would make the Axial with HBZ chassis look like a bargain. What really swayed me was the popularity of the Axial and the readily available parts support.

I agree completelty Rob. I've been selling off tons of stuff to support my crawlers at the competitive level, and it's nice to be able to buy stuff without spending money out of pocket. Normally I would not be such a fan of axials since I like to be quite different from everyone else, but the fact is, there's nothing out on the market that cam compare with the quality, especially for the price, the aftermarket support, the axial support, and all the other bonuses that come with owning an Axial. Axial has done me VERY well so far, and I plan on sticking with the for quite a while. The berg is also a nice kit, but it just doesn't have the aftermarket support that accompanies the axial. I will probably be building a berg in the next month or so just so that I can start designing aftermarket parts for it since no one else is really doing so yet, not like on the axials anyway.

Wow.

My ARTR came into stock a couple of weeks early and I got confirmation of shipping this morning. According to UPS tracking, I will have it today.

I am sure glad I went ahead and ordered the batt pack yesterday.

I'm glad you ordered it too, I couldn't listen to someone else whine for a week just because they waited too late to order their battery pack. LMAO, I'm just bustin your balls Kurt. Really I'm jealous that you've got such a nice crawler, and same goes for you Rob, you're going to have one hell of a comp rig.

You definitely will be sending me some cheese for my whine if I finish the build and I still don’t have a batt pack.

You definitely will be sending me some cheese for my whine if I finish the build and I still don’t have a batt pack.

I was going to offer to send you a battery to borrow until you get yours, but I only have 1 LiPo that is what you need for your application, and I need it for testing on some top secret government black ops testing that I'm working on.

Back