E-Maxx Two-Speed Conversion Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Traxxas is releasing a two speed conversion kit, available late February, for their popular Traxxas E-Maxx (#3905). The new two speed e-maxx conversion kit adds high speed passing with the already powerful stump-pulling torque. The kit also includes a Traxxas waterproof sub-micro servo which can be activated with...

Click to continue

you see how this works... It's just like those commercials... Anytime a Joe Schmoe has a good idea some big company does it first.. Oh look, a manual transmission. Hell, why didn't I think of that?

i thought the emaxx already had a two speed in it..

I don't think it did.

I don't know of any electrics that have 2-speed trannies. I think it's a pretty cool idea myself.. shift on the fly. I'm looking at the picture of all the parts and it seems like they are using the same basic principle that 1:1 car trannies use. Somebody better start making steel parts cuz a monster BB is gonna eat those dogteeth for breakfast.

I thought it already had a two speed, and the rocker switch for the Tmaxx reverse allowed you to shift it manually.

I always had thought the E-Maxx had a different tranny than the T-Maxx. Mainly because it didn't "need" a 2-speed. :shrug: I dunno, don't own one.

When Traxxas released the new E-Maxx, they beefed up the tranny and made it a single speed unit. The older version I believe shared the same tranny and slipper set up as the nitro version.

When Traxxas released the new E-Maxx, they beefed up the tranny and made it a single speed unit. The older version I believe shared the same tranny and slipper set up as the nitro version.

ahh ha! that must be it. my e-maxx has a two speed. that is the reason for the three channel radio, and the third servo. the e-maxx i have has a manual shift 2 speed i think

The original Emaxx had a 2 speed tranny that used a servo to shift it. The Tmaxx and Emaxx did not share the same tranny since the Tmaxx shifted on its own.

The new one only has a single speed tranny. We are seeing the reason why. They wanted to release a 2 speed conversion to sell by itself.

Ahhhhh... so is it truly shift on the fly, or do you have to come to a complete stop to use a different gear ratio?

Yes, it is shift on the fly. Going from 1st to 2nd is instant. However, going from 2nd to 1st is not since the tranny would tear itself apart similar to a 1:1. It needs to slow down before it will shift into 1st.

Back