HPI Savage big bore aluminum shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
HPI Racing has just released a Big Bore Aluminum Shock set for the HPI Savage RC trucks. The four shock conversion set allows the HPI Savage to handle better, reduce maintenance time and just makes the Savage look awesome!

The HPI Savage big bore aluminum shock set is lighter, stronger, and...

Click to Continue

Not bad. I wonder if a person could bolt 8 of them up, or if they're stuck with just 4. Either way, I like the looks of those.

Thats what I need right there... are they available yet?

hpi-shock-a720p.jpg

hpi-shock-parts-a720p.jpg

I don't think you would want 8 of them... that would be one "STIFF" ride... But I guess you could run lighter springs... I wish they would add the threads to those body's and make them adjustable.

I can't find them anywhere.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Last edited:
Not bad. I wonder if a person could bolt 8 of them up, or if they're stuck with just 4. Either way, I like the looks of those.

By the looks of these you probably could install 8 of them, however like AIR RAM said I'm betting that would be on stiff ride.

-Michael

I think this is great! It does seem to take some companies to get with the program, but late is better than never.

By the looks of these you probably could install 8 of them, however like AIR RAM said I'm betting that would be on stiff ride.

-Michael

wow,nice.only shocks i would consider other than the stocks.i bet 8 would be awsome with different pistons,lighter oil and springs.:bow:

thanks woodie

"Click to Continue" in the first post.

Last edited:
I did, but it does not give any useful information. I did a search on the part # and name, but came up blank. This thread and the article here at RCNT are the only information I can find on the net.

Found this, not much more information: http://www.hpiracing.com/press/a720.html

sorry i noticed they listed the price and somemore stuff not covered in this thread, was tring to help. wasn't trieng to be a smarta$$. sorry again.

I don't think you would want 8 of them... that would be one "STIFF" ride... But I guess you could run lighter springs... I wish they would add the threads to those body's and make them adjustable.

I can't find them anywhere.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Ehh I would rather stick with the clips. Equal adjustments and have you ever tried to do a quick adjustment when there dirty, covered in mudd etc..

Ehh I would rather stick with the clips. Equal adjustments and have you ever tried to do a quick adjustment when there dirty, covered in mudd etc..

Good point... I honestly wouldn't know... I'm brand new to the hobby. BUT with your added incite... I can easily see what your talking about, and would have to agree with you.

I will be getting a set of these as soon as a vendor gets them listed...

Does anyone feel like attempting to get a Group Purchase started on these?

Are their any Sponsors would be willing to haggle a deal with HPI or their supplier in order to sell 10-15 sets at a GP rate? I'm a new guy and I don't know which site sponsors are "people" people and like to offer great deals, perhaps somone could recommend a sponsor to step up to the plate?

This would be a great way for HPI to get these out QUICK and spark up increased sales, it would also be a great way for a site sponsor to get more people to shop in their website... Hey AIR RAM where did you get those shocks?.... I got them on a killer GP over on www.SITESPONSOR.com ...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Last edited:
lol...
HPI finally relised that everyone was using LST shocks. SMF store will be selling em in around 2 weeks. I'm a friend of his so thats how i know.

I have put the IRC Losi shock Conversion on my Savage. I'm running the Losi Aftershock Black adjustable fat boys. I'm so happy with the additude of the truck now its not even funny you DO NOT want to put 8 of these shock on your ride. You would end up taken a good jump and Bouncing badly on the landing Unless you change the piston and springs. But four give you the right mix of stability a fles in the suspension its amazing. I like having the threads on the body for adjusting. You just have to know how your truck handles and set it for the different terrian befor it gets dirty. Set up of the truck for a day of bashing is CRITICAL. Once you get a feel of how your truck handles in the different terrain you have fun just dialing in your truck.

Nascar sets there cars up every time they race. you have to or you'll break alot of parts.
At least thats how I feel about it.

I just received word from HPI Racing that an ETA date for the end of this month for them to have the big bore shocks in stock.

-Michael

sweet,just intime for my tax return! thanks woodie!

anybody try these yet. they look awesome.

They are awesome. A good buddy of mine brought out his racer this weekend with them on it. Best shocks i have seen on a Savage. It handled very nicely. There is plenty of spring options already out there as well. They use the same springs as the Hellfire shocks.
Each shock has a dual rate set-up. One short stiff spring unique to the Savage shock, one regualr Hellfire spring. The included springs will work for a very wide variety of driving conditions. They are also 7mm shorter than the stock shocks, which will help body roll.
He abused them all night with no problems to report.

HPI Racing has just released a Big Bore Aluminum Shock set for the HPI Savage RC trucks. The four shock conversion set allows the HPI Savage to handle better, reduce maintenance time and just makes the Savage look awesome!

The HPI Savage big bore aluminum shock set is lighter, stronger, and...

Click to Continue

HPI Racing has just released a Big Bore Aluminum Shock? that is great for HPI Savage RC trucks.... hope to have one for me...

Back