HPI Baja 5b SS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It's been rumored now for a while, however only recently has HPI Racing made it official that there is going to be a HPI Baja 5b SS buggy. In fact Tower Hobbies already has the large scale buggy listed for $919.99 with an availability date of "Mid Oct".

The new HPI Baja 5b SS large scale buggy will feature many hop-ups found for the HPI Baja 5b RTR already installed on the HPI Baja 5b SS. Features such as...

Click to continue reading about the HPI Baja 5b SS

I still need to get my first Baja :D

-Michael

Now if they will only offer an upgrade kit for the RTR......

Dangit!! man these RCs will make a broke guy go even more broke!
already planning on putting aload into a savage but I think this thing comes after that!

Hows the engine that comes in these bajas?
Any thing that might break alot sense it has these"included hop ups"

Basically what I'm asking is have the baja RTR problems been fixed?

Last edited:
The engines are a LOT easier to start and run. No roto-start, EZ-Start or glow igniter needed. Just prime it, and pull the cord. If it's cold you might need to use the choke. It's also really easy on fuel in the stock form like mine is.

theres only a few real Issues with the RTR, biggest ones Being Bad Tires and rubbing the rear a arms. the SS KIT will not be addressing the 2 most noted issues, but did address a few others.

they put the metal gears into the steering servo, no more broking idler gears in the steering servo.

they made the diff case either out of an alloy, or have used a diff support case like the one Turtle Racing Designed and is selling. so diffs going bad should be a thing of the past, but its unclear what they really did here yet.

they went to a new 6mm shock shaft and aluminum bottom shock caps. If they didnt change the heat treatment or material the shafts are made from, I'm afraid the shaft bending issue will still be present in the SS Kit.

they have a updaged rear tower support, again very similar to what Turtle Racing Designed and currently sell.

its anodized Orange and NOT PURPLE!

there are a few other items that are said to be improved. but the 2 major issues. rubbing and broken rubbers will still be there.

T

but the 2 major issues. rubbing and broken rubbers will still be there.

Those are two issues that can be alleviated with a generous application of water based lube. :green-grin:

I want to get this new SS, looks even more bad*** than the first release.

Ill get one eventually. Specially because the orange would match my dirt bike really well. :yes:

Bryson

ooooo glad i waited tell end of the year to buy a baja hellz ya i know what I'm getting for xmas!!!!!!!!!

Back