Axial AX10 Scorpion Rock Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
In the past if you wanted to have a competition ready rock crawler you had to buy piece by piece and hope they fit together. Well good bye yesterday hello today, Axial has just introduced their new Axial AX10 Scorpion Rock Crawler Kit and this thing was designed around competition in mind.

The AX10 Scorpion axles have been specially designed with features not normally found on other rock crawlers. Everything from the axle strength, pinion angle,...

READ MORE

That chassis is sweet. I love the green anodizing as well! I don't anything about crawlers though. How does this chassis compare to what is out there alraeady?... or does it?

Tom

The crawler industry is starting to wakeup.
Nice looking chassis.

Is it ever! It reminds me of when the Truggy was just starting to catch on. I don't much about crawlers, but when the truggy came out... I didn't know a whole lot either. It is really interesting this thing called crawling.

Tom

I can tell you right now, the hardcore "comp" guys are gonna hate this rig. The cog is definately way too high, especialy with the battery pack sitting waaaay up on top like that. I would also like to see a bit longer wheel base. For the average crawler guy who just wants to play around and have fun, it looks really nice, but imo it's not much of a comp rig.

I also saw that Integy now has a lot of crawler parts out now. Clod dif parts seems to have been their focus.

:stick: Maybe Integy got their stuff together.... but I doubt it.

I hope they are better than their other truck parts.
Yep. Intergy parts are nice in Crawlers. We pretty much use the motors. They have come out with WICKED cheat clod axletubes, clod axlecases, and knuckles

I also saw that Integy now has a lot of crawler parts out now. Clod dif parts seems to have been their focus.

Yep. Quite frankly (imo) the stock (plastic) clodparts SUCK. I've gone through 2 axel tubes, and 2 sets of gear cases. My diffs also came unlocked.

How are the parts to get for the axle thing?????the madd green machine

The New Crawler kit really isn't much different then any other Plate style chassis that has ever came out. The only thing that I can see the Next Big thing is the Axles and Tranny. But only if they can provide Replacement parts. The kit doesn't come RTR it's only a Roller for now. So about the time you add ESC, Batteries, Servo's, Body and what ever thats left. You will have about the same in a TLT or even a 2.2 Clod build. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they came out with it and all. I'll snag a set of those axles as soon as I can. But it was hyped up a little to much. I was disappointed when I say it. I heard before it came out. That the chassis was some new design that would change the Crawler World. lol.....That was what was going around.

well would you start with this if you where just getting into the crawler scene or if not what one than,I also like the ford f350 and I'm sure I could 4 link it what do you think???

well would you start with this if you where just getting into the crawler scene or if not what one than,I also like the ford f350 and I'm sure I could 4 link it what do you think???

Well if you like the scale look. Go with the F-350. But if you want a 2.2 Comp Rig the AX10 Scorpion isn't a bad choice.

ya looks like I'm going to go get the wheelie king in the am from my local hobby shop I'm also going to get the gear to gear it down and the revo push rods to get it to work better at least this will be a start for me I also have some stuff on ebay that I'm watching but for 200 bucks the hpi is the way to go for now....

Back