rcID Pit Mat skins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
rcIDcustom.com has created the perfect companion for your Upgrade Pit Mat (available at TeamFastEddy). The pit mat skin! This huge 20″x30″ custom skin is made with rcID’s exclusive “tough cover” material, the durable matte finish makes the skin extra tough! The rcID pit mat skin has been designed to fit into the spaces of your upgrade RC pit mat. The rcID....

READ MORE

Once racing season starts I might pick one up. The stars and stripes skin looks sick.

I wonder if the skin is flexible enough to stand being rolled-up. It would be a shame for it to pull away from the mat when it is rolled.

They look awesome! but a bit pricey imo, they cost more than the mat itself! I am curious how well they will stick to the rubber too, and as Rob mentioned, how well they will hold up to being rolled and unrolled repeatedly.

Good point. I didn't see anything about the skins being flexible on their website. I'll shoot them an email and see what they
say.

I agree the price is a bit high, but they also include 6 logos and your name imprinted on the mat.

I guess one other thing that might be even more important is how well do they stick to a USED pit mat? While this would probably work very well on a brand new never used mat, what about the ones that's already seen their share of spilled shock oil, or diff lube, or FastEddys Flap?!?

Nonetheless I'm ordering two pit mats from TeamFastEddy and will be keeping one myself and using the second one as a give away on the site soon...maybe I'll throw in a custom pit mat skin as well ;)

-Michael

Very good point WoodiE, my mat has already seen shock oil, after run oil, air filter oil, da, and some grease. It also has had dirt, and clay on it too as well as street grime. I really don't see it adhereing too well to mine at this point. But I do love that mat and would highly recommend them to anyone even considering one!

Very good point WoodiE, my mat has already seen shock oil, after run oil, air filter oil, da, and some grease. It also has had dirt, and clay on it too as well as street grime.

Same here Joe. I know Eddy recommended using simple green and water to clean but I have been using this stuff called Oil Eater cleaner/degreaser. I also use it for cleaning off my tires and it does a nice job of taking all of the oil and dirt off and leaves the rubber feeling soft. It's really easy to use, just spray on and let sit for a minute. I use a small hand brush to knock off any stubborn dirt and then hose off with warm water.

http://www.oileater.com/