Axial Ripsaw 2.2 Tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
axial-ripsaw-tires-mounted.jpg

Axial's new Ripsaw 2.2 tires offer both realistic looks while also offering greater performance with it's aggressive thread design, ground clearance and a new R35 sticky compound...

Click to continue

They are gonna be a good 2.2 scaler comp tire for sure for use in the Class 3 ‐*TTC/KOH/extreme trail truck

They look good, they remind me of a mutated proline hammer

Definitely a good looking scale tire, it will be interesting to see how well they perform.

A Member on RCC got to test the tires, heres the video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2mqAgg9S68"]YouTube - New Axial Ripsaw Tires[/ame]

just saw these recently on the axial site. i didnt think i would like the huge tires on a scale truck, but these are sweet looking.
I can appreciate a little truck with big tires (i drive a ranger).
the picture makes the rig look mean as hell.
GRADUATION GIFT!?:smart:

I really like the looks of them....looks likesome time a buddy of mine used to run on his jeep back in Tucson AZ....loved the Chiba Falls run. Looks like some nice tires.

Okay, I think I'm the only member that has tested these tires here, and here is my review.

These tires do great right out of the box with my wraith, the pattern and lug design is very aggresive and when your spinnin on a rock like an actual 1:1 truck, you can hear the lugs tryin to grab its really intense. Lots of reviews I have seen and read on this tire says that they are crap, I on the other hand disagree. Definatly vent the wheels, and sipe the lugs, and they do DAMN good on the rocks. Trail is same way, they leave a nive heavy trail in the dirt and on inclines, they tear up the dirt but they do what most tires dont do on trail inclines, and thats climb.

So overall I would recomend these tires to anyone interested.

they do look like nice tires for my scx10 I put a lift in mine so I can run 2.2's with out cutting the heck out of my body.. I have mud slingers right now(soft) and my rims arent vented I acutally coverd them up due to water and mud and the foams, unless does it matter with a scaler if the foams get wet cause I know I would get even more traction if I could vent them,

Oh and hpi what does it mean to sipe the lugs???? I am new to the scaler/crawler scene. thanks

Siping is when you cut/grove each tire lug (knob). Works well in some cases. Works great on alot of 1:1 tires too.
Bad thing about getting water in your foams is that it can mold.

so thats the only thing I have to worry about if I let it breath?? cause if that is the case when I soak it I will ...... well I just thought about it I was going to say I will dry them after I soak them but that is alot of allen wrench screws!!!!

A cordless screwdriver with an allen-head bit is your friend!

Okay, I think I'm the only member that has tested these tires here, and here is my review.

These tires do great right out of the box with my wraith, the pattern and lug design is very aggresive and when your spinnin on a rock like an actual 1:1 truck, you can hear the lugs tryin to grab its really intense. Lots of reviews I have seen and read on this tire says that they are crap, I on the other hand disagree. Definatly vent the wheels, and sipe the lugs, and they do DAMN good on the rocks. Trail is same way, they leave a nive heavy trail in the dirt and on inclines, they tear up the dirt but they do what most tires dont do on trail inclines, and thats climb.

So overall I would recomend these tires to anyone interested.
Do you have the kit version of the Wriath ?

Nope RTR, but I took a 100ft tumble down id say a 60* angle sheered rock and was unbroken, very durable rig, and both kit and rtr are same tire.

I was trying to nail down if you were running sticky R35 tires or the RTR tire. I have the R35 tire but not sure as to if I am going to run them or the normal Ripsaw RTR tire or the Rc3wd Baja tires or a set of the Axial EXO buggy thingy Handcooks

Back