XRAY 808E Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
xray-808e.jpg

XRAY has just released their new 1/8th scale buggy, the XRAY 808E. The XRAY 808E is based off the very successful XRAY 808 nitro buggy. The new XRAY 808E has been designed for professional racers, the 808E features ultra-high performance parts...

Click to continue

I wanna get me a nice brushless buggy again and this one looks like one Id consider for sure.

Xray is expensive but the quality of materials and parts finish is second to none. The new buggy looks awesome.

I concur on Xray. They are WELL worth the money if you can afford it. I drive like complete crap, and I have yet to break any chassis parts except a front shock shaft. That was my own fault....who knew that if you landed smack into a 2X4 brace off a big jump...stuff would break? hehe

I converted an XRay XB8 Buggy to Brushless a few months back, then decided to get a purpose built electric and bought an OFNA Ultra LX-1e off a local here. I'm not too happy with it....mainly because I'm used to XRay's quality. I mean it's far from a PoS Buggy (the OFNA), but it's VERY far off from being an XRay as well.

I think in the order of which manufacturer I would buy first it would be: XRay, Mugen, Losi, Jammin/OFNA, Associated, and then everyone else....

wow associated AFTER OFNA?!?!?!?!

what is this hobby coming too?

Depends on what class.....I was probably thinking SC Trucks when I ranked those. lol I've never been much of an AE fanboy. After driving a Hot Bodies D8 Buggy this past weekend...I'd rank that up higher as well now. That thing RIPPED.

The D8 is bad ass....personally I have never been much of a Losi fan. But regardless that is a sweet new buggy by Xray...but a bit expensive of a brand for me.