HPI Savage X SS K5.9

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hpi-savage-xx-ss-k59.jpg

The Savage X SS is now available with the huge K5.9 engine! The powerful Nitro Star K5.9 engine comes from the HPI Savage XL truck where it has proven to deliver massive power...

Click to continue

Your paying about $500 more for a savage with shorter tvps and a bigger motor and more durable drivetrain. A bit pricey for me but I think I can speak for everyone, HPI need new ideas for the savage line.

i just want to know why you would pay the same price for this instead of the xl? its shorter, maybe lighter but i think for the price the xl is the way to go!

i just want to know why you would pay the same price for this instead of the xl? its shorter, maybe lighter but i think for the price the xl is the way to go!

I like my setup with FLM tvps and the F4.6, but everyone has their opinion.

well yea with the f4.6 its probably a beast but idk why u would buy this when u can buy the xl for the same price!! LOl

HPI seriously needs to drop Axial as an engine supplier. The K4.6 is an Axial .28, it's a decent engine if they got the timing right.
Axial has terrible manufacturing tolerances. 3 out 3 engines will have different timing....poor quality control. The 5.9 is just a gimmick for it's size.
HPI Make an SS with a real engine, LRP or any SH engine for that matter! ofna supplies the F4.6, why not use the Ofna .28 or .32??? Losi trucks haul ass with their SH inexpensive engines. Time to move up with the rest of the competion.