HPI Blitz short course truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
HPI has finally done it, they have come up with their own rc short course truck, the HPI Blitz!

The HPI Blitz uses nothing but the finest grade, high-impact nylon plastic on the most critical areas of the truck. From the bumpers to the super beefy arms and everything in between. HPI's industry known strength and durability makes the HPI Blitz short course truck...

Click to continue

I've never been a big HPI follower, but besides the cartoonish looking body, i really like the layout of this truck. It just seems to flow better, and looks more stable than the AE, but as with all other SC truck, it is just another slash copycat. I do like it though.

I agree another copy cat but I do like it better than the Losi for sure. That one I was just not feeling. The body needs some work....put a Slash body on it and it's GTG.

IDK, i still think i like the losi a little better than this one, I'm a big fan of the before the axle design on the losi, but this one is pretty much an exact replica of all the other SC rigs out there.

How are any of these copies?

HPI Blitz is built from their E-Firestorm chassis.

Associated SC10 is built from their RC10T4 chassis.

Losi Strike looks nothing like the Slash chassis and even puts a twist on their chassis placing the motor before the axle.

So of the three, two of the trucks are built off of chassis that the companies already had laying around long before the Slash even came about. The only except would be the Strike which has some obvious differences then the Slash.

looks like they did a good job...

now i'm going to have to compare the strike and this to see witch to get lol

I think it looks realy nice! I like it. The body is a little disappointing, especially since HPI bodies are usually very well detailed. But other than that, I like it!

The lid blows to be sure! The one thing everyone needs to remember is this: All the major players in the hobby are stepping up with CORR-type rigs. This is a win-win for the industry!There is a new class (it is ROAR sanctioned now) that anyone can get into. The rigs run anywhere from $189 to $600 so anyone can get in and race. This is as big, if not bigger, as the big boom that Monster trucks brought to the hobby. JMHO...

I have noticed that a lot of tracks are doing the "STOCK" Slash or Corr truck class. Which means no mods to motor, drivetrain ...there is a cople things you can do and still be legal. What is nice about that is almost anybody can get into that and have it pruely down to the skill of the driver not it you can afford a $600 motor and ESC. So I am sunk 'cause I have no skillz. But for this one....yup body sucks. But it still will sell more than the Nitro Wheelie King

okay...so the body isnt great but its not that bad either. i'm actually liking it. the truck itself for me is a winner. i like the layout and overall style of it. depending on the price i could see myself selling my slash and picking one of these.

The tranny is a winner for sure. I really like the oiled gear diff. It is going to be damn solid.

I just saw them advertises at Dave's Motors and it looks like they are going to cost about $199. Not too bad I guess.

The lid blows to be sure! The one thing everyone needs to remember is this: All the major players in the hobby are stepping up with CORR-type rigs. This is a win-win for the industry!There is a new class (it is ROAR sanctioned now) that anyone can get into. The rigs run anywhere from $189 to $600 so anyone can get in and race. This is as big, if not bigger, as the big boom that Monster trucks brought to the hobby. JMHO...
I agree sense ROAR has made a SC class. I also like this truck.

Ok, so I admit it. I actually dig the body. :shrug: I can't tell how detailed it is but I do like the overall shape.

I don't see how the body looks bad....It looks like any other real CORR truck body to me.

I have this truck and I havnt raced it yet. Its kinda a christams present. What do you guys think about it?

I love the body, I hate the servo they put in it. HPI come on it's time to step up your cheasy RTR electronics! I love this truck, I know the Firestorm is a tank, handles good and is pretty quick.
It should no doubt be a good one. I'm just spoiled having used good electronics for years....
HPI will release a brushless version of it soon, you can bet money on that.

Back