Drone Delivery Service - Zipline - Pretty Cool

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is freaking awesome, I always thought the amazon plan was iffy, but this actually looks promising. :thumbs-up:

That is freaking awesome, I always thought the amazon plan was iffy, but this actually looks promising. :thumbs-up:
Yeah. It's already in place and running. I am sure it will be a long time before smaller cities see it. I am just wondering how many housecats, birds of prey, or small children will get carried off that try to attack the delivery pod and get caught in the cable 🤣

Or how many drones get drug down by the cables and sold for parts 😉

Air Drop me some RC Parts.

Could you imagine what the sky would look like if this idea becomes reality? Rush hour, in the sky, 24/7. I cringe just imagining this.

I saw something about this yesterday and had planned to watch the video this weekend, I feel like I need to be in a space to really listen when Mark Rober is talking.
I love Mark's vids, especially watching with my kiddo. He is a pretty amazing dude.
Could you imagine what the sky would look like if this idea becomes reality? Rush hour, in the sky, 24/7. I cringe just imagining this.
Yeah, I bet it's coming. It sounds like the skys at 400 feet up are going to be designated for delivery drones. It's gonna look like the scenes in Star Wars or the Fifth Element with all the personal transports zipping back and forth.

I love Mark's vids, especially watching with my kiddo. He is a pretty amazing dude.

Yeah, I bet it's coming. It sounds like the skys at 400 feet up are going to be designated for delivery drones. It's gonna look like the scenes in Star Wars or the Fifth Element with all the personal transports zipping back and forth.
I'm going to buy a plane with a bb gun on it that can go up to 400 feet! :hehe::naughty:

I imagine the rc industry will suffer greatly. No more quads or planes unless flown at a sanctioned field, which will then charge outrageous fees to use. All because we can't interfere with all those delivery cables falling from the sky.

Very cool actually, but in some situations it would be dropped off in the hard because some houses have covered porch.
I would be very pissed if it was dropped off in my yard.

Very cool actually, but in some situations it would be dropped off in the hard because some houses have covered porch.
I would be very pissed if it was dropped off in my yard.
Or worse, like multi-story apartment buildings, and your package gets dropped in the parking lot 🤣

The only practical use for this that I can see at the moment would be for medicine (like they're already doing. which is awesome) and groceries. Other retail stuff and niche stuff that you can order online most likely is not in stock close enough to your location for it to be practical to fly a drone there and back. But medicine? Heck yeah get that as accessible as possible.

The only practical use for this that I can see at the moment would be for medicine (like they're already doing. which is awesome) and groceries. Other retail stuff and niche stuff that you can order online most likely is not in stock close enough to your location for it to be practical to fly a drone there and back. But medicine? Heck yeah get that as accessible as possible.
Fast food delivery. That's where I see these being used a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if McDonalds started putting Zipline chutes in their building designs.
I would guess the anti-theft function hasn't quite been invented yet.
Maybe the drone hovering 400' up drops tear gas 🗯💨

Fast food delivery. That's where I see these being used a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if McDonalds started putting Zipline chutes in their building designs.

Maybe the drone hovering 400' up drops tear gas 🗯💨
or maybe it has airplanes with bb guns following it
or maybe it has airplanes with bb guns following it
*RC*

this is only at the dexter u of m pharmacy. Joy road in dexter 10 mile radius