Kyosho vintage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aubz

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Having a problem finding a spur gear for my car don’t know what model sadly
image.jpg
image.jpg

Unfortunately. I dont think theres enough of the car put together for me to even attempt to ID it. Ill poke around on the internet though. Maybe Ill get lucky

There is an app called Google Lens. You can try to take some better pics from above, from the bottom, etc, and see if that app will bring up similar images. A lot of times it will lead you to an answer.

Looks like a Kyosho Superten FW-04 from the top plate, I don't know much about that specific model.

Welcome in @aubz , I'm not much of a nitro guy so I can't help you.
If it were me, I would strip it down and clean every single part. Sometimes just buy sight you can figure out what to purchase.

Thanks guys just getting into nitro cars bought a tt02 d spec and then got given that nitro I’ll take more pics Tomorrow and drop them here 😃
This is the shell if it’s any help
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
8936DD6D-CA58-4D04-8389-281C76CAFEFE.jpeg
I also have this one which I need a front dog bone for any one know the model for this one too😂

I also have this one which I need a front dog bone for any one know the model for this one too😂

Kyosho PureTen GP Alpha 3

... I think

I think the first one is an fw03 as it only has single speed and I agree the second one is an alpha 3.

Thanks I’ve purchased a spur gear that I think is the right one I’ll post it here
4E4D286A-C4A2-4C19-9C80-52CE24612FFE.png

Hey dude...

Welcome to the world of nitro cars....theres no going back to electric now :)
There is so many variants of these pureten Kyosho cars, no wonder one can get confused about identifying a model.
I own FW-05, FW-06 and V-one S3, all Kyoshos, and all I can tell you is that they are absolutely amazing, so it will be worth restoring them.
Shame they are both single speed, but once you are a nitro guru, you can get some two speed variants.

Good luck and please post vids and photos of your restoration process.

Definitely will be putting updates on the car here i have also purchased the dog bone for my alpha 3 so as soon as I receive that I’ll send a few pics I have an issue with my fw 04 with a stripped Phillips head screw which I’ll try my best to remove tonight but as soon as I’ve done that I’ll remove that spur gear and give the whole car a well needed clean😃

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
so this is the shaft with the snapped bolt was wondering if any one knows the specific name of the part for me to have a look for one online thanks😃

image.jpg
looking good just need to clean the rest now😂

Mate you are a life saver just found the servo saver shaft straight away on eBay from the exploded diagram 😃

Hey dude...

Welcome to the world of nitro cars....theres no going back to electric now :)
There is so many variants of these pureten Kyosho cars, no wonder one can get confused about identifying a model.
I own FW-05, FW-06 and V-one S3, all Kyoshos, and all I can tell you is that they are absolutely amazing, so it will be worth restoring them.
Shame they are both single speed, but once you are a nitro guru, you can get some two speed variants.

Good luck and please post vids and photos of your restoration process.
Was wondering where you disappeared to. Anyway I'm waiting for a new nitro revival thread.

@aubz
I'd that a 3d printed gear?

Was wondering where you disappeared to. Anyway I'm waiting for a new nitro revival thread.

@aubz
I'd that a 3d printed gear?
Yea it is sadly couldn’t find an original but I’ve looked at his reviews and they all have 5 stars on this spur gear so hopefully it works ok he says he uses heat resistant abs plastic 😃
75D8C41B-FC40-417F-BE0E-933136DF389C.png

Yea it is sadly couldn’t find an original but I’ve looked at his reviews and they all have 5 stars on this spur gear so hopefully it works ok he says he uses heat resistant abs plastic 😃View attachment 156581
Let me know how it goes. My discontinued HPI Nitro RS4 3 has a few left on ebay. A few sellers have 3d printed ones and you can buy the 3d stl files to print your own. I'm just curious how the 3d printed ones wear and last.

Back