Picking new truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those guys are awesome. Pretty jealous you are close to them.
30min drive. Trying to see if they have any charger worth buying in the 60 dollor range. Or if i should just buy off ebay

I recommend Hitec as their QC is really good. My cousin has an UP60AC and the fan is starting to fail. My Hitec RDX1 Pro is still going strong.

I recommend Hitec as their QC is really good. My cousin has an UP60AC and the fan is starting to fail. My Hitec RDX1 Pro is still going strong.
The RDX1 Pro does show having an internal resistance meter.

The RDX1 Pro does show having an internal resistance meter.
Yeah, it’s hidden and they don’t show it in the manual. You need to go into the battery voltage menu and hold stop and start at the same time iirc.

About how much time to charge a 3s battery with this charger? https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/hitec-rdx2-mini-ac-dual-multi-charger-4s-5a-50w/

Trying to decide if i should get a dual charger or a single port charger at 100watts
It is the mAh that determines how long it takes to charge a battery, but the more cells there are, depending on the wattage of the charger, the longer it will take. Also, it depends on where the battery is at when you start charging. A battery sitting at 3.2v/cell will take longer than one at 3.8v/cell.

Another thing that causes one charger to take a lot longer to charge a battery is the balance current. Once a charger gets a cell topped off it goes into balance mode to bring the other cells up to match. Most have 1A balance current available, so your charger drops to a 1A charge rate at that point. The Hota I linked has 1.6A balance current. So it finishes the batteries much faster. It is actually the fastest charger I have ever owned.

That Hitec is also only 50w per channel. The Hota charger I linked is 200W and has a 1.6A balance circuit, so it charges much faster once in balance mode. Plus it has a lot more power and can do up to 6s batteries. But it is about $30 more. You are basically spending money on a middle of the road charger there imo, when $30 more will get you a charger that will be future proof if you stay in the hobby.

Will it work? Yes. But I would keep shopping.

Ok so what wattage chargers should i be looking at for 2s and 3s batterys in the mah5000 size range?

Ok so what wattage chargers should i be looking at for 2s and 3s batterys in the mah5000 size range?
100w and higher for a single channel, this will allow up to 6s at 4.5A. It’s good to have extra room so you don’t run the charger at 100% all the time.

That is still 50 watt per channel on ac
I didn’t realize that was DC only, sorry! The Hitec RDX2 Pro is a bit pricy, but that’s all that I could find for a decent AC LiPo charger. I recommend waiting for someone else to help you find a good charger in your budget.

Looking on amazon and ebay makes me think second about buying a off brand charger. They might be the same as a name brand but arnt held to the same production standards, thats why they are cheaper. See alot of reviews about fires with the cheaper off brand stuff
Either getting this as it has the highest watt per channel in my price range. https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Batter...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

And or will get a single charge port 100 watt unit

If I was you, I would save my money and get a good, name brand charger. I made the mistake of buying crappy cheap chargers and I wasted a lot of money doing so. You are doing your research which is good, I didn't when I first started out. Good luck!

I personally would go for the Hota D6 Pro charger long before I spent the same money for that Venom.

But then again, I have tons of connectors to make my own adapter cables.

The Hota is not a compromise for me. It is the charger I wanted after doing a lot of research. At the time, I could have spent more money for a charger, but the Hota is a beast for the money. It's 1.6A balance circuit was what sold me on it.

Check this out also

Last edited:
I personally would go for the Hota D6 Pro charger long before I spent the same money for that Venom.

But then again, I have tons of connectors to make my own adapter cables.

The Hota is not a compromise for me. It is the charger I wanted after doing a lot of research. At the time, I could have spent more money for a charger, but the Hota is a beast for the money. It's 1.6A balance circuit was what sold me on it.

Check this out also
Where do you even get the power supply cable for ac and the battery connectors

Where do you even get the power supply cable for ac and the battery connectors
It comes with the AC cable and you need to buy or make your own leads, you can buy pre-made leads off of Amazon or eBay for cheap.

Are there any knock offs of that charger that i need to look out for

Are there any knock offs of that charger that i need to look out for
No. The cheapest place to buy it is the link I shared. At least they were the cheapest when I bought mine. And RDQ is actually a very good place to buy from.

The Hota is actually the knockoff of a Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro. From the research I have done, they are actually the exact same charger. That Joshua Bardwell actually has both and thinks they are made in the same factory as well, so he recommends the Hota just because it is a bit cheaper.

I have to remind myself you are just starting out in the hobby, so decide what batteries you plan to run, and what connector they have. Then go on Amazon and buy an adapter cable from XT60 to whatever your battery has. So XT60 to EC5, or XT60 to Deans (t-plug), or whatever. I would also grab a 6s balance lead extension just because batteries tend to have a very short balance lead sometimes, and it is impossible to plug it into a charger.

Last edited:
Back