Tmaxx 2.5 electric conversion questions ( transmission )

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderranger

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm newer to the RC cars, I've had a few nitros but have had a few issues in the past so I'm trying out electric. I just bought a tmaxx 2.5 I believe with a 3906 emaxx transmission still stock but I keep killing all of the gears . I was wondering If there is a single speed conversion kit available for this transmission ( to make it a gear box) with metal gears available? I would love use the car for more than 5 minutes without the transmission dying on me . I am using it with a 150 amp esc and castle motor so I want to hear all of the possibilities to fix these issues . If it helps I believe I have a newer emaxx transmission with a single gear kit in it also but I'm currently using the motor mount from the 3906 which doesn't fit on the other transmissions so if I can find a way to make either ( or preferably both work with metal gears to go fast it would be appreciated
Thanks alot.

Welcome aboard.

The 3906 is ancient. The 3905 is newer but discontinued. I hear erevo trannys can be moded. If you can find an Emaxx brushless tranny, that would be good too as both of those are factory steel gears.

If your set on the tranny you have, id look into metal gears. Robinson racing is still in business, but alot of the companies through tmaxx era seemed to have dried up.

http://www.robinsonracing.com

This is the gear that keeps stripping but I can't find this transmission on the website for metal gears
Gear 3996 is the main culprit of the issues instantly strippes
Gear 3996 keeps stripping
How would I find out which model my other 2 transmissions are ?is it written on them somewhere

This is the gear that keeps stripping but I can't find this transmission on the website for metal gears
Gear 3996 is the main culprit of the issues instantly strippes
Gear 3996 keeps stripping
How would I find out which model my other 2 transmissions are ?is it written on them somewhere
Tra3996x

Try that number. The x in this case means metal. As to what tranny, go under any search engine and look at images. Search emaxx transmission exploded views. Traxxas discontinued it so I can't like their website.

Keep in mind another gear down the line may have this issue if they are plastic and you start going metal.

I fought stripped spurs for ever then i modded to fit a steel mod 1 nitro pitch spur and used mod 1 hardened pinion and after that i couldnt keep diffs in it. Lol

Back