Tires for Traxxas T4 Defender

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winggs

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am new to this hobby and have added a few extras to my Traxxas 4 Defender. This has added some weight especially in the front.
I notice with the extra weight that the tires appear to either be getting flat or that I need new and or larger tires and wheels.
the tires on there now are stock 4.6 X 1.9. What would be the largest tires and wheels that will fit the Defender? Any suggestions on wheels and tires would be welcome.
Thank you for any help.
IMG_0531.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree, stiffer foam. Good looking truck...

Your widest variety of tires will be getting a 1.9 inch rim. Get bead locks. You can get decent rims on amazon for about $50 a set. Most of your selection will be about 4.75 inch diameter. There are a few tires that are 4.19 outer diameter and a few about 4.5 in outer diameter. As far as foams? My TRX4 weighs under 8lbs. The stock foams usually work best for me but there life span is limited. There are various 2 stage foams that may work better for a heavier rig.

I think you should be able to have tires with a 4.75 inch diameter. Measure the diameter of you current tires and see how big they are. Allot of people want 2.2 rims but this will limit your tire selection and offer you no performance benefit.

Last edited:
Your widest variety of tires will be getting a 1.9 inch rim. Get bead locks. You can get decent rims on amazon for about $50 a set. Most of your selection will be about 4.75 inch diameter. There are a few tires that are 4.19 outer diameter and a few about 4.5 in outer diameter. As far as foams? My TRX4 weighs under 8lbs. The stock foams usually work best for me but there life span is limited. There are various 2 stage foams that may work better for a heavier rig.

I think you should be able to have tires with a 4.75 inch diameter. Measure the diameter of you current tires and see how big they are. Allot of people want 2.2 rims but this will limit your tire selection and offer you no performance benefit.
Thank you for your help I will stick with the 1.9 inch rims.

Definitely recommend pit bull wheels. My father uses them on his 1:1 jeep wrangler while he's leading events at pv4wd trail meets. They are the best tyres you can get for your scaled landie. They are slightly more expensive than what proline offers, but it's well worth it.

Your tires are fine. I would still recommend Rc4wd Mudslingers x1 1.9.