Best starter unassembled kit truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backtothefuture

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey all

My gf's younger sis has absolutely loved playing with my old Traxxas Stampede (2WD). She is now wanting to get involved in RC and asked for one for her bday.

We are planning on surprising her- she'd love an unassembled kit to build and help her understand of things more.

I was looking at the Stampede 4x4, but wondered if there were other good options worth checking out?

I like the Stampede because we can get spare parts easily and can upgrade if she wants.

Cheers!

BTTF

I have built two Stampede 4x4 kits and modded a 2wd. The kits are a lot of fun and can be put together in a day or two. There is a ton of upgrade and replacement parts for the Stampede. Problem is, they seem to be out of stock everywhere unless that has changed recently...

Hands down get her a Tekno MT410 she will probably never replace it. Ultimate basher never breaks very very reliable and durable.

Easy and fun kit to build perfect on 4S and bananas on 6S.

Pair it up with a good 2200kv motor and shes set.

Thank you so much guys! Yes I think you are right, I can't find the 4x4 kit in stock anywhere frustratingly, but keeping an eye out.

I have just been looking up the Tekno and it looks epic- I am tempted to get one for myself. I think it will just be too pricey for them for now- esp as a starter. can't justify the 450 + electronics for now.

That may be a different story for myself though... haha

Hey thanks people!

I actually ordered her a Stampede 4x4 kit 2 days ago, so sorry I didn't see these recommendations in time. Hopefully she will be really happy with it though.

Philly I don't think shes ready for that yet !?

Dang I was going to say the pro-line pro Mt 4x4. you beat me to it.:)

Back