Traxxas Slash or JLB Cheetah?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bredda Dave

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Guys, I can't really make my mind up whether to go for a JLB Cheetah or second hand Traxxas Slash 4x4. I am a beginner with just a wltoys 12428 which I have heavily modified but I am really enjoying it and I'm ready to move up. I've seen loads of vids and read loads of reviews about the Cheetah and to be honest it does look like a decent, solid car. Only downside I can think of is the waiting time for the parts. The alternative would be a second hand Traxxas Slash 4x4 (budget is limited). Is Cheetah really so much worse than a Traxxas? Are people not just paying for badge and established position in the market? Thanks in advance, Dave.

I have never heard of the Cheetah. I would be leery of buying it myself. I would go with the Traxxas for that reason as well as the replacement parts availability and the aftermarket support.

Aftermarket presence for the Slash is vast, maybe as much as any vehicle I've seen since the Tmaxx.

Thanks for your replies. For some reason, I've not paid much attention to Arrma. I've just read some threads on here about Arrma Granite, and must admit I like it a lot. It's only slightly more ezoensive than said Cheetah

Slash had many thru the years both 2wd n 4x4(still have all even 1 w slice b chassis) can't go wrong .I just dont like the id plug is my issue I like the XT 90 plug best...all my 1/10 scale is now that

Of corse Traxxas Slash. It looks amazing and there are a lot of parts to upgrade your rc car in future. However it a bit fast you could be prepared))

JLB CHEETAH is a very good brushless rc I would go for a jlb because its cheaper and Reliable and powerful and you can always get parts for them why buy a traxxas when it's more expensive and parts are expensive

Back