And so it begins ...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s the tools I’m using

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi all,
Servo saver mech done. My fingers are already sore from all the little fiddly bits and trying to tighten the nut under the spring.
The instructions state to tighten the nut all the way and then back off 5 1/2 turns but I don’t think I’d get it all the way by hand. As you see it in the picture it’s as much as I could do by hand
Guys,
The instructions state I should use some locktite on the servo saver nut but with all the research I’ve done it looks like it’s advantageous to have this servo saver actually being adjustable. So should I really use locktite on it?
Thanks

Guys,
The instructions state I should use some locktite on the servo saver nut but with all the research I’ve done it looks like it’s advantageous to have this servo saver actually being adjustable. So should I really use locktite on it?
Thanks

If it is a adjustable spring loaded one ,you might want to wait until it is adjusted the way you want it ,or were it needs
to be set at ,then you can apply a drop on the threads to keep the nut in one spot ,as I don't think that it needs to
be all over the threads!

Sounds like the adjustment ring might be cross threaded, it should go on easier at first, maybe remove the spring and see if you can screw it on to check the thread?

Sounds like the adjustment ring might be cross threaded, it should go on easier at first, maybe remove the spring and see if you can screw it on to check the thread?
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Checked for a cross threaded nut and it wasn’t that. I used the contact cleaner and the nut didn’t go on any easier but did turn further on so I’m happy with where things are now. I expect it’ll change when I get running and setting up steering!

Day 2 progress.
Finished bag A ... only got bags B to I left. Got a couple of bits left over which having checked the manual I can’t see what they are for.

Attachments

• 6A8E6135-721F-455B-A2D2-F66FDD8EC0B6.jpeg
    6A8E6135-721F-455B-A2D2-F66FDD8EC0B6.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 86
  • E9779FB1-0C18-45A2-A243-562E229A2317.jpeg
    E9779FB1-0C18-45A2-A243-562E229A2317.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 81
This is what’s left over ... anyone for any clues?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 87
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Checked for a cross threaded nut and it wasn’t that. I used the contact cleaner and the nut didn’t go on any easier but did turn further on so I’m happy with where things are now. I expect it’ll change when I get running and setting up steering!

That nut maybe manufactured that way ,something like a locknut ,because it is suppose to be adjustable ,an
not to use loc-tite!

@marauder @Primarrma @Sledgehog @D3MON @WoodiE @Rolex @HPIguy @Lazy Bushman @cbaker65 @Billyboi1000
Hi folks,
I’ve got a couple of days of progress in pics now up but I’ve got some leftover bits which I can’t identify .. if anyone has any ideas or feedback it’d be much appreciated.
Cheers all
Rich

If it is just those 2 pieces ,they maybe some type of plastic tool ,some kits give plastic tools to adjust the rod links!

LOL....Now if there is 4 sets of those ,then I would start to worry!.......:oops:

Sorry I have no idea what those are specially if they are nitro related. (I only have experience with electrics).

If it is just those 2 pieces ,they maybe some type of plastic tool ,some kits give plastic tools to adjust the rod links!

LOL....Now if there is 4 sets of those ,then I would start to worry!.......:oops:
Only 1 of each of those plastic bits.
I’ve emailed Losi so I’ll see what they come back with.

This is what’s left over ... anyone for any clues?
I'm thinking they are coolers for overheating servos. Oop, never mind. wrong thread.
I really think @cbaker65 is right about them being some kind of adjusting tool. Look at the parts list in the front of the manual. They might be listed there as tools.

Love your workshop

@Lazy Bushman
I can’t claim that as my workshop sadly - it’s my father in laws. He’s got all the wood working tools so I built the bench in his shop. When I get the bench into my garage it’ll be set up for RC and general tinkering :)

Really nice progress on the build!! As others have said, those parts that are leftover should be referenced somewhere in the manual. There should actually be a parts list somewhere in there that lists what it is, and how many of them should be included in the kit.

Did you build those diffs ,an do they rotate smoothly with out any binding?...:cool:
Hi Cbaker,
I have built the diffs and they rotate really nicely when turning the drive shaft which turns them simultaneously... but if you hold the drive shaft and turn so that the wheels would turn in opposite directions then they are a bit stiff.
I had wondered whether I’d put slightly too much oil in the diff itself. The instructions said to just fill above the planetary gear.
When I build the rear I’m going to compare and if it’s easier to turn then I’ll know I’ve over filled and I’ll need to disassemble.
I noticed one of the CV joint boots has torn last night so I know I’m going to need to pull it apart again anyway.

Back