Hi all new here and need help to I.D this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lampwick

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hi all new here so first of all hello from UK.
I've got a few electric trucks/cars but fancied a go at nitro so I've got this little project on the way to me...but I need help to identify it make/model etc ?
Cheers / t.i.a

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190320-104118_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190320-104118_eBay.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 89
Cooling head suggests thunder tiger. Phillips screws all over suggests thunder tiger/tamiya perhaps. Got any more photos? Guessing it's a bit older. That's a really weird exhaust manifold.

Hi, and thanks ,it's only pic I have at the moment makes it awkward I know lol

Cooling head suggests thunder tiger. Phillips screws all over suggests thunder tiger/tamiya perhaps. Got any more photos? Guessing it's a bit older. That's a really weird exhaust manifold.
kind of my initial thought, but the layout just didn't seem quite right, i posted on his intro thread and you may be able to confirm or deny that i think its a Kyosho PureTen Alpha?

kind of my initial thought, but the layout just didn't seem quite right, i posted on his intro thread and you may be able to confirm or deny that i think its a Kyosho PureTen Alpha?
Yep, think you nailed it!
PureTen GP alpha 2:
https://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/pureten_alpha/pdf/gp_alpha2_m.pdf

Or, could be the PureTen GP alpha 3:
https://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/pureten_alpha/pdf/gpalpha3_m.pdf

Hard to tell, can't find any clear photos on the site of it top down.

I always forget that a lot of old rc's had philips head. Some still do.

Cheers guys for all your help , when it arrives I'll put a couple of pics up to make it easier, I'm going to strip it down and clean it up so I'll do some before and after pics

Hi all new here so first of all hello from UK.
I've got a few electric trucks/cars but fancied a go at nitro so I've got this little project on the way to me...but I need help to identify it make/model etc ?
Cheers / t.i.a
Picking this up late but I’m sure it’s a Kyosho pure ten alpha. They did a Magazine build few years back diagostini or something,
Getting parts might be tricky the Cars quite old . Try looking around on that popular site for off loading junk , Gums and trees or E’s in the bay.