What is in your fleet?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba02STi

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Curious as to what everyone has in their fleet. I only have a couple more things left on my Deadbolt and my Rally. My son is working on his Deadbolt as he earns parts for it, and I’m starting to look at what I want to build for my next project. So I’m looking for ideas and turning to you all for help.

Ideally I want to go with a scale build:
Crawler
On road
Off road
Rally

However I could be tempted into something else.

Our current fleet:
1a01d7172e3b90fc3a142ef1002e2895.jpg

19db28dc04c9e7f9e45ce2f54561cfd4.jpg

Stampede, SCX10II Kit, Custom Clod, Custom SMT10

C02325BD-E177-43E8-AEC4-DF6DDEBDEB3D.jpeg96457A62-EDE7-4B38-A177-3619B20D37FC.jpeg74285CFD-19F7-4551-A5EB-58652720660C.jpegA8F68A29-7D28-403D-803F-5399001D0ADA.jpeg

Wish they still made that. Sad that associated has dropped a lot of their nitro stuff. If you go look at their site for nitro, there are two, a truggy and buggy listed and that's it.

I have a few, still have 3 nitro's. A year ago I had 7... then I started running electric. Now I have 5 1/10 or 1/8 electric as well as 3 micro electrics and just 3 nitros.

Nitro:
3.3 chassis revo - OS21Tm in it and many other upgrades, rpm true track/rpm arms/carriers, roll bar, pipe, servos, rrp steel trans, etc
3.3 chassis big block revo - LRP28S3, pretty much all the same upgrades.
Savage X - LRP30S2, SHD bones/axles, steel 47T spur, aftermarket servos, tank, wheelie bar.

Electric:
Brushless Revo V1 - same RPM upgrades as nitro, HPP motor brace, full roll cage, tbone wheelie bar, aftermarket servo, etc
Stampede 4x4 vxl - castle sct sv3/3800kv, rpm arms, roll bar, GTR shocks/VG Springs, servo, etc
Savage Flux HP - MMX/2200kv, other "upgrades"
eJato - converted 2.5 jato, hot racing steel single speed conversion, traxxas vxl3 esc/castle 3800kv motor, rpm arms, servo, tbone front bumper
Arrma Outcast - HR chassis braces, motor mount, diff cap, diff front brace, RPM arms

Micro
Losi high roller - upgraded receiver/esc board that's brushless capable and 3-wire servo, upgraded servo, HR trans case with bearings
Losi MST brushless - stock I think other than the body
Blade MSR - aftermarket chassis, rotor assembly, flybar

On the racks:
2018-1027-TruckRacks.jpg

Now that brushless newness is kind of wore off, I'm thinking I'll get more nitro time at the beginning of the year at least while one of my more remote bash spots isn't overgrown as it gets late spring and all summer. Not the most exciting for videos, but it's far enough from people that I can run without having police showed up, other than to watch and ask how fast it goes.

Otherwise, I started running 3S in my stampede and ejato, so they have proven to be more entertaining now. Even before, I would always take one big truck and one of my smaller trucks when I went bashing and I ran them equally. I didn't used to do that so much with nitro.

I have been working on rustler 4x4s all weekend.
The more basic black and white one I painted.
The snap on e-revo tribute bodies I had my custom painter do those.
I robbed all the hardware off the stock bodies, I also flex seal under coated them as well.
5D1BA147-F8D1-4D61-B647-46A85D2004A6.jpeg
A0822927-3133-4A4D-B5EE-AE29C5AB2A92.jpeg
E278A579-D9FD-4038-9EA3-63505B7F65E6.jpeg
B790DE2A-3E94-4C1C-80C6-EC5ABC164B24.jpeg

Attachments

• B8D8A9C6-E13E-4904-8A11-96F9CA3EAFD9.jpeg
    B8D8A9C6-E13E-4904-8A11-96F9CA3EAFD9.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 67
I wanted one of those rustler 4x4's... until I thought about it a bit more. Seems a lot like the slash and stampede 4x4, which tend to need quite a bit of upgrading to be durable. Also, ran out of storage space. :(

Just FYI .
The rustler 4x4 is proving to be one of, if not the toughest truck traxxas makes.
At least that’s what I have seen with them.
I have had one since they first came out. I bought the stores display.
Still never broken it.
A lot of guys are now buying the rustler 4x4 a-arms and axles for their slashes. Myself included, I have upgraded several of my slashes with the rustler a-arms.
I have broken many a-arms and axes on slash’s .
The latest slash ultimate comes with the rustler a-arms and axles already on it.

They can be broke my nephew has managed to break his a couple times. Based on the telephone pole he hit at high speed I think about anything would have broken something. He broke a shock, then later a steering knuckle on a fire hidrant so far the a-arms and axle have survived all these exsteme impacts.

Just FYI .
The rustler 4x4 is proving to be one of, if not the toughest truck traxxas makes.
At least that’s what I have seen with them.
I have had one since they first came out. I bought the stores display.
Still never broken it.
A lot of guys are now buying the rustler 4x4 a-arms and axles for their slashes. Myself included, I have upgraded several of my slashes with the rustler a-arms.
I have broken many a-arms and axes on slash’s .
The latest slash ultimate comes with the rustler a-arms and axles already on it.

They can be broke my nephew has managed to break his a couple times. Based on the telephone pole he hit at high speed I think about anything would have broken something. He broke a shock, then later a steering knuckle on a fire hidrant so far the a-arms and axle have survived all these exsteme impacts.
Are the rustler arms the same geometry as the slash/stampede 4x4 arms? I have RPM on my stampede at the moment. Broke a couple of the stock arms and rear axle carriers. I went with alloy carriers on the front/rear, but on the front, I still have plastic c-hubs. Should have replaced those with alloy...

The slider axles don't look much different than what's on the stampede. I was lucky to get a bash session or two out of those even on 2S on my 4pede. Ended up going with MIP X-Duty's.

Yes they fit, they are shaped a little different then old slash 4x4 a-arms , thicker in areas that needed it.
The axles are same design only thicker for more duablty. With the latest slash ultimate you still get the aluminum knuckles, combined with the same heavy duty a-arms and axles that come on the rustler 4x4s .