horizon ECX Tournament SC strip Idler gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddyTx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
so I have an issue I have gone threw 2 Idler gears which I replaced 2 time usually it’s alot worse l, but since I Switch back to Brushed this has not been a problem. my question to you fellows is there an upgrade besides the one they sell threw horizon or at least sell Separate? So I don’t have to keep droping 30 bucks each time?

Attachments

• 0E76C20E-1179-462C-8192-C5C0C7DA4351.jpeg
    0E76C20E-1179-462C-8192-C5C0C7DA4351.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 212
I don't know about your truck ,sometimes they are a knock off from another ,that produces upgraded
gears ,I just seen an idle gear last night from a hop-up brand called Robinson ,but it was for a Team associated!

Some times there is defects in the gear case itself ,have you considered in buying a whole transmission?
With the high rpm's that are put on those gears ,if there is any slop were the gears don't mesh right ,
it will strip the gear!...:cool:

I don't know about your truck ,sometimes they are a knock off from another ,that produces upgraded
gears ,I just seen an idle gear last night from a hop-up brand called Robinson ,but it was for a Team associated!

Some times there is defects in the gear case itself ,have you considered in buying a whole transmission?
With the high rpm's that are put on those gears ,if there is any slop were the gears don't mesh right ,
it will strip the gear!...:cool:
I bought 2 sets from horizon I’m just sick of buying them and I’m about to buy a 3rd kit from them..

I bought 2 sets from horizon I’m just sick of buying them and I’m about to buy a 3rd kit from them..

I wouldn't by a third ,I would put everything on auction that you have on e-bay ,take the money an re-invest it
in another brand ,I would even consider in buying a good used Traxxas!

I had just purchased a good used Traxxas 4x4 slash for $ 225.00 that normally hits up to $ 500 bucks!

It is straight up the truth with no bull crap that I say!
Take what you have an sale it ,an get something that is better with no hassels!

Some times ,used name brand products are better than new non brand products!....:cool:

Well that just plain sucks that you can't just buy the idler gear you need...you gotta buy the whole tranny. That's one of the dumbest things I've seen in this hobby. Perhaps the gears were a bad batch of steel.

When you buy parts ,are you buying the hole transmission or just the gears?
The case itself could be defected ,causing the gears to have too much slop ,
if so ,the next one you get ,try to buy a shim kit ,that is a series of different thickness of washers!
Try to shim the gears to were it takes the eccess slop out ,but yet spins freely!

Also ,does that model have a slipper clutch?
If so ,maybe it is not adjusted right ,if not ,then see if that model puts out one as an upgrade!

Good luck!...:cool:

Back