Pulling left

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaputoNL001

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Red cat Racing Shockwave

Keeps pulling more and more to the left. Tires are near worn out if that matters.

The more I drive it the more I have to turn the trim right. Is this due to tire wear? If not, what? Never crashed.

What do I adjust? The two turnbuckles at the tires? Or the single turnbuckle at the steering servo?

Red cat Racing Shockwave

Keeps pulling more and more to the left. Tires are near worn out if that matters.

The more I drive it the more I have to turn the trim right. Is this due to tire wear? If not, what? Never crashed.

What do I adjust? The two turnbuckles at the tires? Or the single turnbuckle at the steering servo?

If it has adjustable turn buckles ,then you can adjust each wheel throw ,after you adjust those at equal amount ,
then go back to the servo horn an adjust it.
Pull the horn off servo ,then turn transmitter on ,center the servo throw ,then put servo horn back on!

Could also be you have something binding in the drivetrain on the left side, like a bearing going out causing drag or twine/string wrapped around the axle behind the hex causing drag.

Could also be you have something binding in the drivetrain on the left side, like a bearing going out causing drag or twine/string wrapped around the axle behind the hex causing drag.

I didn't think about that ,good call!....:thumbs-up:

That also reminded me of a snapped wheel pin that I had a few times from constant torq. from running in the street with
the monster truck with high grip tires!....:cool:

I didn't think about that ,good call!....:thumbs-up:

That also reminded me of a snapped wheel pin that I had a few times from constant torq. from running in the street with
the monster truck with high grip tires!....:cool:
Wheel pin? What and where is this part exactly?
Be kind for the basic questions, I'm a rookie

Wheel pin? What and where is this part exactly?
Be kind for the basic questions, I'm a rookie

I am not sure on yours ,but most have a pin on the wheel stud axle that is behind the hex that the wheel
tightens up to ,some times they will sheer off ,that may not be your case though ,because it takes a quite
a bit of torque with on & off throttle an high grip tires to snap them ,but it is possible!

An easy way to check is to lift the ride off the tires an turn each wheel by hand ,check the rear ,hold
one side still while trying to turn the other side ,if the one side want to turn with out slippage ,then
it should be good ,but if it slips an make a funny noise ,then it is broke!

Thought of something else. Something I used to unintentionally do when I was newer was overtighten wheel nuts. Not really an issue if you have alloy hexes, but if you have plastic hexes (like my t-maxx did way back when), they get deformed around the pin in the axle and smash into the side of the bearing causing binding. I don't know if your truck has plastic or alloy hexes, but that's something else to check.

Looks like yours uses plastic ones:
http://www.redcatracing.com/02100

According to this:
http://www.redcatracing.com/schematic-shockwave.html

At least the photo sure looks plastic.

I'm guessing the pin @cbaker65 was talking about are these behind the wheel hexes:
http://www.redcatracing.com/08027