New kraton owner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patsfan40

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I need help with batteries for my new v3 kraton I have 2 2s flueron 30c 5200mah batteries. Was wondering if they would work in my kraton. And was wondering if it will run off of 1 3s and 1 2s

Howdy and Welcome!

First - Arrma recommends 35C, 5000mah as a minimum. So your 30C batteries are below that. Also- there is an active thread over on ArrmaForum.com right now about Kratons eating 40C batteries too. Personally, I try to buy 50C or higher for my Arrma 1/8 rigs.

Second - running mismatched packs is generally a bad idea. If you want to run 5s (2s+3s) they will still need to be "matched" - same brand, same MAH and C, same age. However, the BLX185 ESC does not recognize 5s - so you need to set it to Nimh mode / LVC off, and run an external lipo alarm.

Last - Welcome!

@Patsfan40 Welcome to RCTalk!

I'd highly recommend following the advice of @Jerry-Rigged, not only because he knows his stuff but we've seen seen people have issues with batteries that don't meet the recommendations of the Arrma manual over at ArrmaForum.com.

Best bet would be to pick up a new LiPo pack or two for your Arrma Kraton.

Back