The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought that to if it did it on every app with the ROKU the only 2 giving me issues where netflix and VUDU my charter app worked great along with the different TV channel apps. I did some digging around and found it was a more common problem than I thought originally. I am still using the ROKU strictly for the charter app for now, supposedly after the new apple update it will able to do charter also.

If it was just certain apps then that's most likely true, good point. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Apple TV vs Roku once you've had some time with it.
Never have had a problem with anything but buffering from a slow WiFi router on my Roku+. My Roku Ultra on ethernet has been flawless. The only one that rally even stutters is DirecTV Now, but it's a bandwidth hog and does the same on my PC.

I had to pick up a new TiVo Bolt as my old Roamio took a dump and died a few weeks ago.

Picked up some new running shoes over the weekend while visiting family. If you had told me a year ago, that I'd be into running, I'd have laughed you out of the room.

Saucony Freedom ISO 2 for the pavement, and Brooks Cascadia 13 for trails.

t6XJwh8.jpg

If you're looking for a new wifi upgrade, I'd strongly suggest checking out Ubiquiti gear. All their gear is amazing and for home use check out their Amplifi products.
I think it's because of the number of WiFi routers in the apartment complex. According to the diagnostics I ran on a scope, there is a LOT of RF activity here on those bands. Most of the streaming devices are hard wired for that reason.

^^Yep apartment complexes are RF minefields for sure.
Yep yep. I have my entertainment system/media server all hard wired 1GB Ethernet. Just phones, tablet and laptops on wifi. Seems fine for my wife, but I don't use my laptop much, usually my desktop.

Ordered some pinions/spurs to try and gear my ejato for 3S running. Depending on how that goes... may start ordering some 3S packs to start running 3S in my 1/10th's and 6S in my 1/8th's. Been running 2S/4S only for the past year, so will be a while before my 14 2S packs are dead.

Spur and pinions delivered... wrong size for the motor. So, now I have 5 different tooth count 32P pinions for 5mm shaft. I looked at the photo and it showed 3mm pinions while the description said 5mm. NEED TO READ! The two trucks I have that have a 5mm shaft that wear pinions use 1M pitch. Figures... ordered a 5mm->3.2mm adapter.

At least the spur fit and allows me to mesh. My purpose was to gear my ejato down so I could run 3S in it. I was running 54/20 on 2S without overheating the vxl-3s/3500kv I had in it. I had a 58T spur and 15T pinion, but I can't move the motor any further to get it to mesh. I also ordered a 62T spur. I was intending on trying the 58 with a 16T. Figured that would be a good starting point for 3S. So now, while I wait, all I can run is 62/14. Guessing that will be too low and 62/20 may be too high.

I suck at gear ratios. lol!

I picked up an iPad Pro 12.9. I didn’t get the pen, or the keyboard. I figured I’d spent enough.

I picked up a new Amazon spot to replace a dead iPod and Alarm clock. Got another interesting project in the works...

I bought another charger... used off ebay, so I hope it works when I get it. If it does, I got a pretty good charger for $130 shipped. The hitec dual Power Peak D7.

Now that I'm starting to run 3S in my smaller trucks... I have to charge 6 packs when I go out and with a 4 port, it means 1.5 hours of charge every bash morning vs 45 minutes. I only went with that charger because it's more capable than what I have and it was a good price.

Don't like 'em frozen, nor do I want salt on my glass. Have a shaker cup pre marked for each ingredient, just fill a tumbler with ice, and slosh from cup to cup a couple times and you're good.