NEW RC PURCHASE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fc2turbomss

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to get back into RC (from the 80s) and I am looking for a RTR, Brushless, 4WD, SCT...

I've been spending some time around the interwebs and on youtube and I think I've narrowed things down to 3 options. I will be mainly bashing, but I won't rule out upgrading to pull a race or 2 off. So, with that in mind, I would appreciate any input you can provide on why or why not one of the 3 options I'm looking into is a good or bad idea.

1. Team Associated ProSC10 4X4
2. Traxxas Slash 4X4, Brushless
3. Arrma Senton 4X4 3s BLX (not quite out yet, which made this one hard to research)

Thank you in advance!

Those are all great trucks.
I’m partial to the ProSC10 and I’ve never owned an Aarma.
Check your local tracks for rules on classes and what models they allow to run in them. That way you know there’s a class to run the Aarma in, just in case you decide to race.
I would say pick the one you like best.
Happy RC’ing my man! ✌?

I'd plump for the TA....

Slash is overpriced for spec and arrma spares are ....'thin on the ground' distribution wise since the hobbico fiasco

@fc2turbomss I would agree with @Kris407 - check your LHS and/or tracks and see what they are racing and allow.

If you're going to be heavily bashing I would lean towards the Arrma or the Associated myself. @FiMS presents Rc... does bring up a point that was an issue a few months ago, but in the last month or so things have drastically improved when it comes to Arrma kits and parts being available. The Arrma Senton 4x4 has been very solid and I can only assume the new 3s is going to be that much more.

Thanks guys!
After doing a lot of reading both here, on FB, on YouTube and other forums, I decided on the Slash...which sounds like an unpopular opinion around these parts...lol

Reasons for doing so were (against the Slash 4x4 "Ultimate" edition):

1. Durability and cost of replacement parts: Traxxas seemed to have the most available, cheapest, and least required replacement parts
2. Strength of the Servos: Traxxas had the strongest servos of the 3
3. Metal Shocks: the big bore shocks of TA impressed me, but in the end, I liked the idea of the metal GTR shocks on the Slash

Now, I'm sure there are lots of negatives associated with the Slash, and any other platform when it comes down to it...but these 3 were so close to each other in quality and performance, it really got nit-picky. So, this was the direction I went.

So you got the ultimate edition? Cool, good choice and post us a video or some pictures when you take her out for a session.✌?
I have two 4wd sct’s and I’m gonna grab a 2wd this week so I can start oval track racing on Sundays. ??

Ahhh you went with the slash..... Each to their own!

As long as you enjoy it ! that's what matters

There all made in Taiwan now anyway lmao....

P.s we really struggle here still in the UK for arrma spares still, don't know what its like stateside, but most of our model shops/online model shops have depleted or no stock and no available dates of re stock for a large variety of arrma spares

Back