So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That revo has some snot! I know you said you weren't overly impressed with the .21 but it looks like it's doing pretty good in the vid!

For the cost... I was disappointed. With tax and whatnot, it was nearly $300 to replace the stock $130 3.3. I don't think it was $170 better than the 3.3. A bit stronger and more reliable to tune, yes. You have to remember, I'm comparing it to a revo with an LRP28 in it. Now, that thing has some grunt. LOL! I'm not sure I'd spend the $300 on it again. If it was $200 or even $230 ($100 more than the 3.3), then I wouldn't bat an eye. To date, it's the most expensive engine I've ever bought.

That said, now that I have it, have the trans full of RRP steel (another $100) and don't have it over geared, I do enjoy running it. I guess I just expected it to have a bit more low end grunt. I think it's running better now than it did last time I ran it as it's wearing in more. It's a fairly new engine and starting this season, it probably only had 1.5 gallons through it. I've put half a gallon through it this year already. Seems a bit more snappy than I remember.

EDIT:
After checking out my 21TM thread, I forgot I bought it on ebay for $250 shipped. That's an easier pill to swallow at least. lol
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/my-os-21tm-3-3-revo.112093/

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying. Hopefully you'll be able get lots of use out of it this season. Def looking forward to getting some time on mine!:D

No activity here for a while. I recently finally got a new body and new set of shoes for my Savage XX S. Ran about 2/3 of a tank and stopped when it started to lean out. Still a good 15 min.
IMG_20180219_124312673.jpg

I burned ALL the nitro today LOL 1/2 gallon. I have been runing my tmaxx 2.5 a lot... also just overheated and i have almost no compression:cry: R.I.P TRX 2.5.

I broke my 21TM revo out again a couple weeks ago so my new bashing buddy could see a nitro run properly. He saw some other guy run one but said he spent most of his time fiddling with it. I had meant to meet with him a week earlier, but our schedules got crossed, since I was packed up and ready to go, I went out anyway and had a good time on my own. Anytime you burn 500cc's of fuel without issue is a good day. I would have run longer, but my receiver pack died on me.

Met up with him a week or so later and ran at the same spot:

Finishing the break in on this beast this weekendView attachment 18325
that looks nice

I try to every week day at lunch.I get an hour for lunch and lots of parking lot to play in

oh ya a little bit of tuning and I was having a ball again...2 tanks in an hour of messing around.

I ran my Savage XXS for 5 minutes, engine started up right away, like easiest I've ever had it start. Primed, coughed on first pull, started on 2nd or 3rd and had a perfect idle, didn't have any issues with that. However after about 5 minutes, first medium speed end over end tumble on dirt, one of my brand new big bore shocks breaks!

Attachments

• IMG_20180714_202115343.jpg
    IMG_20180714_202115343.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 355
I ran my Savage XXS for 5 minutes, engine started up right away, like easiest I've ever had it start. Primed, coughed on first pull, started on 2nd or 3rd and had a perfect idle, didn't have any issues with that. However after about 5 minutes, first medium speed end over end tumble on dirt, one of my brand new big bore shocks breaks!
Yeah, even the expensive big bores run plastic caps. You can get replacements from rc4me more cheaply than finding the entire parts tree on ebay with caps on them. I found rc4me after spending $20 on the parts tree to get those last time. Appears the parts tree is cheaper these days on ebay... figures. lol

I burnt some old nitro ,I got a tank left ,I will burn it today!....:p

I wasn't too happy with the pipe that I put on ,which is the Dynamite 007 HT pipe ,I am going to try
this JP # 2 pipe an see if I can get some more bottom end punch!....:cool:

Yesterday's run ,I will get a better vid today!

10/29/2019. Had my Ofna .28 revo and 18tm revo both out at the same time. My son, who's only 5 going on 6, ran the .28....:thumbs-up:My fuel is 3 years old LOL

Forgot about this thread.

Fought with my Savage X a bit earlier this year:
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/bash-from-05-19-2019-savage-x-at-the-park.126340/

Ran my 21TM revo a few times this year:
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...e-4x4-and-nitro-revo-at-the-bmx-track.126179/
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...-revo-at-the-bmx-track-and-skate-park.126617/
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...bev2-and-os21tm-revo-at-the-bmx-track.126658/

Otherwise, just been a lot of electric running. Running 6S now in my 3 larger trucks. Kind of shelved the savage flux hp and have been focusing most of my time/money converting my ERBEv1 to a 2.0 and getting the outcast able to take a lot of abuse at the grass bmx track I found.

Got our first snow today... so likely no more nitro until next year. Probably shelve the outcast too. For some reason, I just don't want to run that thing in the snow. I have the ERBEv2 and Stampede 4x4 vxl for that.

I haven't ran no nitro in a long time ,I am going to try to do a run tomorrow ,I need to start running them again ,I
also need to start putting my Mgt. back together ,an need to still break-in an engine on another!

Work to live , not live to work ,,, I got both discovered losi cars going , found out the hard way , that the battery won't stay connected ? took off full throttle , did a perfect back flip off my fence landed sideways up against a planter where the wheels weren't touching anything ! So I was able to grab the fuel line in time to save the motor , pretty exciting , I think ?

I ran some yesterday, Will hopefully use more today more today, I put new tires on it and the sound they make on the pavement is awesome.

I burned some for a little while but lost a screw to the axle linkage....:(