Axial Yeti 2-speed Transmission Conversion Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Axial-Yeti-2speed-AX31181.jpg

Axial has just released a 2-speed Hi/Lo Transmission conversion kit for the 1/10th scale Axial Yeti. The Yeti 2-speed Hi/Lo Transmission kit comes with everything needed to complete the conversion, including a second taller high gear and all gears are heat treated for ultra durability. The only thing you'll need to include is a servo for the shifting and of course you will need a 3 channel radio...

Click to continue

It's nice to know I have friends that are so willing to help!

I see that the Hot Racing 2-speed kit is about $20 cheaper. I've tended to like most of their products. Do any of you know pros or cons to using the Axial kit vs the Hot Racing kit? I'm certainly willing to spend the extra money for Axial if it is the better product. I ask because I just bought a Bomber kit and want to build the 2-speed into it from the start.

Another question: Are these 2-speed transmissions to be shifted only while stopped, or can they be shifted on-the-fly?

Are these 2-speed transmissions to be shifted only while stopped, or can they be shifted on-the-fly?

Yes the Axial 2-speed transmission can be shifted on the fly.

I ended up ordering the Axial kit due to combined advice from here and the RCCrawler forum. Thanks!

Another thing I did was to order a Castle Mamba X ESC so that I can use the AUX wire for changing drag brake on the fly from the controller. I have not picked a motor yet, but I intend to run a higher voltage motor with a lower kv motor. It achieves roughly the same speed, but at much higher efficiency and cooler temps. I'll be running a sensored motor probably in about the 2,500KV range, but I don't have that totally sorted out yet.

Back