Wifes MGT.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
My wife seen me working on my truck ,an asked me if hers was running ,I said no ,the engine
doesn't run right ,well ,it will if I took time with it ,but I done robbed the o-way out of it...:nailbiting:

I told her don't worry ,I have a nice new pretty engine to put on it!....:cigar:

So ,sense it will take awhile on my truck ,I will set that aside for now an install the new engine!

Well ,I got it ready to hose off ,I think that I'm going to go ahead an pull the purple Hardcore bumper braces
off my Green MGT. an put them on this one ,they will match the purple heat sink of the engine an will look
better on this truck ,I almost want to pull the aluminum a-arms off this truck ,an put the stock ones on ,
the aluminum ones add too much weight for the smaller engine....:cool:

Sorry about the pics coming out a little blurry ,I'm using a go-pro!

I couldn't resist these shots though ,to see what it will look like!....:D

Last edited:
That HCR titanium was some tough and pricey stuff. I had a LST chassis deck that was HCR. I had to modify it to install an engine with a pullstart... took a lot of dremeling to cut out a very small piece. Was blasphemy to take a dremel to it, but you do what you got to do. :) Luckily, I got the deck at a fraction of retail when stormer was selling all their HCR stock for cheap after HCR kind of stopped making RC stuff.

Seeing those old wheels makes me wonder how we ever managed to live with 14mm hex's. lol

Cool to see some old nitro rigs coming back to life lately!

That HCR titanium was some tough and pricey stuff. I had a LST chassis deck that was HCR. I had to modify it to install an engine with a pullstart... took a lot of dremeling to cut out a very small piece. Was blasphemy to take a dremel to it, but you do what you got to do. :) Luckily, I got the deck at a fraction of retail when stormer was selling all their HCR stock for cheap after HCR kind of stopped making RC stuff.

Seeing those old wheels makes me wonder how we ever managed to live with 14mm hex's. lol

Cool to see some old nitro rigs coming back to life lately!

Yea ,I got lucky an was able to snatch up a few Hardcore pieces back about 12 years ago ,among some other pieces when
E-bay was at its best with killer RC stuff!
Hardcore quit making RC stuff an moved on to high performance motorcycle parts!

My prize parts are my Hardcore shock towers on my basher!

My wifes truck has the aftermarket blue AE chassy which has become rare ,that had a $110 dollar price tag on it!

When I first built that truck ,it was never to be intended to be ran to bash ,an was not her truck until
she seen it ,then she staked claim on it!....:eek:

As far as the 14mm wheels ,I never had issues with the aluminum wheels & hexes ,the plastic ones
were a problem though to me!...Both my basher an wifes truck have aluminum wheels & hexes!.....:D

Ah, yeah, alloy wheels would avoid that issue as long as you run alloy hexes as well. I just remember when I went from old weaker engines to my first LRP28 on my aftershock running t-maxx 3.2" wheels and spun the hex in 2 of them about 3 tanks after break-in. I've only used 17mm since then. Soooo much ungluing of tires... lol

Ah, yeah, alloy wheels would avoid that issue as long as you run alloy hexes as well. I just remember when I went from old weaker engines to my first LRP28 on my aftershock running t-maxx 3.2" wheels and spun the hex in 2 of them about 3 tanks after break-in. I've only used 17mm since then. Soooo much ungluing of tires... lol

Lol...yea ,a lot of torq. on plastic hexes & wheels!...:p

I got the wheels on auction cheep on E-bay a long time ago ,that was probably the reason ,they were
probably changing over to a bigger hex!
The issue that I have had with these is ,that I have to use a good rubber glue ,I found that weather strip glue
works best!...:cool:

Put clutch shoes & bell on ,should have took pic of the shoes ,but forgot ,but anyway ,
getting the engine mount on!
This engine mount has to be mounted to the engine first because it is hollow an uses
nye-lock nuts!...:cool:

Son of gun ,put the dang engine on backards!....:doh::doh:
That's what happens when you watch T.V. an wrench on RC's at the same time!.....
hammer.gif

You also used button head screws for the engine... I always use cap head so it uses a bigger screwdriver whenever possible. I hate small head screws, too easy to strip.

You also used button head screws for the engine... I always use cap head so it uses a bigger screwdriver whenever possible. I hate small head screws, too easy to strip.

I have no problem with those screws ,an I do use the big phillips with them an not the small one ,
I can't stand allan screws ,so a lot of times I will swap the screws out when I can ,or if I can't ,I will
use my dremel tool an cut a slot in them for a flat head screw driver!

My favorite screws are the ones that take either phillips or flat ,I call them morphadite screws!...:D
I actually use weedeater morphadite screws to mount the engine mount to the chassy on my MGT's!...:D

Oh geez! I'm the other way. I hate phillips and standard head screws.

Lol...I guess its all about on what works for certain folks!....:cool:

I have real bad arthritis from working with my hands all these years ,its hard for me to cruch a tiny wrench an
fumble around with allen wrenches especially when there is so many sizes an tend to strip out easy ,it just
gets down right frustrating!

I love my dremel ,an fat handled screw drivers!....:D

Lol...I guess its all about on what works for certain folks!....:cool:

I have real bad arthritis from working with my hands all these years ,its hard for me to cruch a tiny wrench an
fumble around with allen wrenches especially when there is so many sizes an tend to strip out easy ,it just
gets down right frustrating!

I love my dremel ,an fat handled screw drivers!....:D
I know that pain. Which is why I have a nice milwaukee 12V screwdriver with a clutch and MIP allen bits. ;)

I know that pain. Which is why I have a nice milwaukee 12V screwdriver with a clutch and MIP allen bits. ;)

Oh man ,I been thinking about getting one of those ,theres a certain amount of screws that I have on my RC's
that are allen ,I need to go an get me one an rejuvenate my allens & bids!...:cool:...:thumbs-up:

I'm installing the spur right now ,an got to clean the pipe & electrics module an get those back on!
That's what I like about the MGT. ,is all the electrics are mounted on a module ,4 screws hold it on ,an
just pull the servo saver & throttle horn an its out in a few minutes ,an your ready to hose the truck
down!....:D

Back